REALLY!?!?

A 2000 word retort? Actually , I'd resigned myself to your not being worth the effort. In case you hadn't noticed, I've not been acknowledging you directly. However, I had a bit of an epiphany this evening that I'd certainly like to share.

Sure, pal ... this may be your thread, but it is a thread that you started to continue your tantrum from another thread (my thread) where you felt it necessary to stir the proverbial pot where you didn't belong. The difference is, I have a right to come into your thread to defend myself. When you came into mine, it was as a provoker, an agitator, an instigator.This is a typical narrow minded perspective that every single one of you trolls carry with you when you decide to attack me. If you think the rest of the board is blind to it, you're no different than the rest of them. The common denominator you speak of? You imply it's me. When really, it's the same every time. It's always one person (like yourself) that's so obviously bitter with me for reasons unrelated to any particular topic at hand, that you end up making an utter fool of yourself with a rant that becomes a full on assault on the senses. It's always over the top, dramatic, and so utterly personal that anyone can see through it right through it.

WOW, swing...and a miss. Again, Chris you totally missed the point of just about everything.

First off, I am getting sick of you suggesting that I am in some way a troll. In no way were my comments off topic or inflammatory. In no way was I provoking. Why do you fail to address the fact that a customer in that thread said something about it before I EVER commented? Again, everything I said was the TRUTH. You seem to want to skirt around this and keep turning the attention back to me instead of looking at the issue at hand. Which is fine, I have dealt with enough people in my day to know what projecting is. And I never IMPLIED it was you being the common denominator. I came right out and SAID it was. Personal? You "pal" are the one who made it personal. Big boy pants? Calling me a common man, which everyone here knows by now you meant to say. You are above no one here. Stop acting like it.

And my mistake every time this happens, is addressing a single individual like yourself as if you're the sole spokesman for the rest of the community, in essence formatting my responses and defenses as if I were lashing out at the entire collective community as a whole. For the first time in a decade, I just realized this. And to the rest of the community, I sincerely apologize. The truth is, the common denominator is always one troll that hides behind a diluted typical oppressed freedom fighter mentality ..."I call it as I see it", or "I am not afraid to speak the truth", or "I take a stand for the underdog". A real self proclaimed crusader you are. Every time this happens, you are always the only one that can stand up to "fettpride" when everyone else is afraid to do so, to say what YOU feel everyone else has been wanting to say. It has been a pattern for 10 long, grueling years. And Brian was right. This is what comes with being a public persona. There will always be one or two around every corner that want to spit and flap about their distain for me. And it's usually out of some form of jealousy. Now, this is me, saying what others have been wanting to say for years as well.

Again using words like troll and "diluted typical oppressed freedom fighter mentality" What world do you live in? I have stated nothing but facts, which yuou seem to continually ignore. You call my responses emotionally filled rants. Here is a message from another member I got right after I posted my original comments. Again, I refuse to name names, but it bears posting here. You suggest I am the only one who feels this way, please stop turning a blind eye to the fact that you have pi$$ed off plenty of people in your time. I just have the guts to speak up about it. They wrote: Kudos to you good sir. I'm glad that you are posting what so many feel but are afraid to post for whatever reason. Thank you, not only for your stand, but also your calm delivery and concise responses. And that is one of 6 messages I have received so far. You want to point the finger at just me, that's OK. I find it unbelievable that Brian can post to you exactly what I, as well as plenty of other people are thinking, and you choose to ignore it. He summed it up PERFECTLY when he said "The people complaining about the run aren't the ones damaging your reputation. You are damaging it both by getting so far behind in the first place and by flipping out on anyone who questions you. The people complaining are just being honest about their frustrations. People will sing your praises if they are happy and curse your name if they are not. That's the nature of having a public name." Yet again, you turn a blind eye and want to poitnthe finger at someone else. Fine, I will be your scapegoat this go around. Because it will be someone else down the road.

It sickens me, that I've acted the way I have at times like this, treating the entire community as if they've all spoken through the pathetic keyboard muscles of someone like yourself. You want to buck heads with me? Put your keyboard away. Man up, and give me a call sometime. My phone number is posted everywhere.

I have no problem calling you on the phone. But the fact is, you enjoy the grandstanding. You enjoy trying to rally your troops to restore Fettpride's good name. Instead of PMing me your phone number like other people have, you do this.

As typical as every other twin incident over the years, you're no different than every other antagonist. You use these forums as a personal platform and public call to arms. Always a smear campaign. But really, look at the involvement here in this thread. Or the last. Besides one other individual with a personal bone to pick with me, you are utterly alone. There has been no one else to come to your party. All that you've accomplished here is forcing me to a point of utter frustration with you, (an individual) and my blindly taking those frustrations out on a community that's done nothing but support me. Therefore, my making a complete and utter dramatic a$$ of "MYSELF". Because I let you press the appropriate buttons.

Again not taking into account the people that are to scared to post here. Which is fine, that is their right, and from past history with you, I can understand why. But again, you mistakenly assume I am alone. Here is another copy and paste of one an excerpt of a PM I got. As for FP himself you couldn't pay me to do business with that charlatan ever again. Thanks again for taking the time to write, I really appreciate it! Any chance you are starting to see a pattern here, Chris. That common denominator sinking in yet? How about another: Just wanted you to know you weren't alone. He's lost a LOT of future customers because of his work ethic and lack of customer skill and communications. Still think it is just me? Keep telling yourself that "buddy."

On second thought, I think I'd prefer that the administration restore your posts after all. Whereas I preferred the removal of trolling redundancy, I've decided that I actually think it would be better that it be immortalized for everyone to see. Why should you get a "get out of jail free card". Without your constructive contributions, all people will ever see is my looking like the tyrannical megalomaniac dipshit that you make me out to be. You stand on your own merits and contributions, just as I do.

How is it a "get out of jail free card" when I have done nothing but express facts from the beginning. You keep wanting to chalk this up to the fact that you have done nothing to warrant this. Like I mentioned before, everyone knows I am not the first and certainly won't be the last person you pi$$ off with the way you handle yourself on here, both professionally and personally.

Incidentally, you keep referring to your having been a constructive member here back in the days of old. Why is it you haven't shared your former board name?

It is, was, and always will be DarthVeach. I was a member around 2003/2004 for a short time and then turned my attention to stormtrooper armor. I got so caught up with trooping, that I lost track of this place. Many years and costume projects later, my interest in all things Fett brought me back here. The board had gone thru changes, updates, overhauls and since I hadn't logged on in 7-8 years, I am guessing my old login info went the way of the old forum. But I know what you are suggesting, that this "common man" somehow got banned or is hiding behind some other board name? Wrong again, I am a member of of many forums, some dating back to 2002 and I have been more consistent there than I have been here and my board name has always been the same. Again, I love how you assume things about people you don't even know and are always wrong.

Now, I'll take a page from your handbook. I've said what I needed to say. I'll not be mucking around here any further.

Somehow, I doubt that

And again, to the membership : I sincerely apologize for my having let these incidents get under my skin so bad, that I've taken it out on you, those who read through these seemingly endless threads and posts and wonder, what the hell did I do to him? I truly am sorry.

You did nothing to me personally. But please, you need a scapegoat, so go ahead and continue to say it is just me. At least I know the truth. Not the "version" of it that you hide behind. Again, I am saying what other people are afraid to say Why don't you "man up" as you suggested to me, and as I have asked you before, start treating people with the respect they deserve. You are above no one here. I get tired of seeing you act as though you are.

Circular logic.

There will be people that agree with you, surely. And there will be people
that I've pissed off in a decade. Anyone else would have by now as well.
In my position, you can't please everyone. And everyone reading this blather
can connect the dots. People who don't like me for whatever their reasons,
won't order from me. And that is their prerogative. I don't lose sleep over it.
And neither should you.

I don't believe I'm better than anyone else. I have my flaws, and I
am well aware of them. I'm not going to continue to waste time with
you arguing about them. I have work to do, and customers to please.
I told you that I've said what I had to say in the public arena.

:cheers

@DarthVeach... you mention FP's "work ethic" from a PM... that is something different from a run that got out of hand.

He's been trying fulfill these orders since the run began as well as other orders... and regular work... and life in general.

People may question the handling of the run, but don't question FP's work ethic.

It really diminishes the argument you were trying to make.

FYI - I'm not involved in the gmh run.

I don't really see that much more of use is being said here.

Chris, I think you nailed it that the misconceptions come from posts made out of frustration and stress. I think everyone in the run is sympathetic to the fact that it's a TON of work.

I know as a customer, all I ask is for periodic updates, and a relatively positive attitude about the whole thing. I know it's a pain to have to answer 20 pms asking for updates, but it's also a pain waiting for the stuff to come out. It's a give and take on both sides of the equation, and everyone needs to be understanding of each others positions.

I think threads like this are great because it lets everyone know what's up. It's common knowledge that FettPride products are of extremely high quality, possibly the best available in the world of fan-made Fett replicas. Anyone who got in on the GMH run should have known Chris's responsibilities to other new "hinted at" projects, normal orders, real life, and his historically long wait times (as compared to some, but not all other vendors). If he doesn't want to post a run list and doesn't want to have to respond to update PMs that's fine. He's a vendor and can do things as he sees fit, but you as a buyer have to accept these behaviors and realize that if you're going to invest in the run there are certain sacrifices you have to make because you can't get that helmet anywhere else. I have a FettPride helmet and knees. They are both of great quality and I'm happy with them but I bought them through third parties because I know FP's deal when it comes to orders and I'm not okay with it. I don't have a GMH because I'm not the kind of person who can wait that long for a helmet. As a buyer you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Mods if you want to lock this down you can. I don't see any reason for it to continue. I have spoken with you and also said what I needed to say here. I stand by everything I said.

As stated, the issues that started this thread have been addressed. All parties involved have expressed their views and chosen to step away. There is no sense in this discussion to remain open..

This thread will now be locked.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back