How do you rig your Cod belt to Sit down comfortably?

Kilryth

Hunter
I riveted my cod and kidney to a custom 2-piece belt (ballistic nylon with plastic insert for police duty use). This is so it won't sag, adjust, or get uncomfortable during the day. I can also use it to hang things from if needed.

Anyhow, the problem is that the belt doesn't flex much at all and won't let the Cod piece bend when I go to sit down. This is funny I know lol. I can either sit on the edges of chairs & not bend my legs fully, or I can do something to fix it. Thinking about putting a couple elastic bands in place of the buckle attachment method. Wondering if anyone else has a different solution.

What is everyone else doing to assure that they can sit down comfortably in their Cod rig?

I use two elastic bands with Velcro sewn on both sides of each and Velcro the cod and butt together tightly sits snug and doesn't move

Cant quite wrap my mind around what you're asking, can you post some pics of the cod and belt rig?

Took two nylon duty belts & buckled them together, so that they can be adjusted on the sides of the hips.

DSC04873.jpg

Used a Jango style cod & riveted it to front half of the belt

DSC04874.jpg

Back side of cod

DSC04876.jpg

Kidney plate riveted to back half of belt

DSC04875.jpg

Back side of kidney plate & belt.

The Cod piece does not budge when I try to sit down normal in a chair, so it either comes up into my stomach, or I cannot sit down normally. I have to sit down at an angle or sit at the edge of the chair. Pondering my options to fix this, without reworking much.

I could add elastic with snaps in place of the buckles. I could adjust the size of the belt so it fits looser also. I was wondering if anyone else had some ideas.

i've never sat down completely in either my boba or jango. i'm quite happy that i can set my butt on the edge of a table or the back of a chair if i need to rest while i'm in costume, sitting down is just out of the question with the cod on

If your cod piece is narrow, like the picture above, why not attach the cod to hinges that are attached to a belt strap (webbing elastic or what have you). That way, you could wear it and when you're ready to sit, undo the thong strap and simply lift up the cod piece when sitting down.

I'm sure there is other things to do with what I explained (I've been contemplating how to do this myself) but that's my two cents! Hope it helps.

If your cod piece is narrow, like the picture above, why not attach the cod to hinges that are attached to a belt strap (webbing elastic or what have you). That way, you could wear it and when you're ready to sit, undo the thong strap and simply lift up the cod piece when sitting down.

I'm sure there is other things to do with what I explained (I've been contemplating how to do this myself) but that's my two cents! Hope it helps.

That's a great idea for someone making a new kit, but that's a little more work than it's worth for me at this point. But that is a great idea for a fresh build.

I see your problem now!!! You need to curve the bottom end of the cod to a more form fitting shape, in other words it needs to "cup the boys", so when you sit down the tip of the cod isnt jabbing straight down into the seat. Also trimming the edges a little to account for your thighs moving up when you take the seated position would help as well. But as you noted earlier about a "fresh build", if you dont want to alter the one you already have, then making a new one may be your only hope if you truly wish to sit down.

I see your problem now!!! You need to curve the bottom end of the cod to a more form fitting shape, in other words it needs to "cup the boys", so when you sit down the tip of the cod isnt jabbing straight down into the seat. Also trimming the edges a little to account for your thighs moving up when you take the seated position would help as well. But as you noted earlier about a "fresh build", if you dont want to alter the one you already have, then making a new one may be your only hope if you truly wish to sit down.

The tip of the cod gets nowhere near the seat, so folding this back wouldn't do anything right now. It's the sides of the cod that catch on the insides of my thighs. I'd be happy if the cod touched the seat lol. It wants to bend at my thighs, but the belt won't let it. Trimming the edges of the cod may fix this, you're right... although it may require more trimming than desired.

I'll look and see how much would be necessary to trim... but it sounds like elastic at the sides (in lieu of buckles) would be my best bet in this case.

I do not sit down at all while in costume. I did once figure out a way to squeeze into a vehicle on Halloween to go from place to place......but that was a pain.

I found two things that fixed the problem. A) I was wearing the cod a little lower than I needed to when I sat down last night. B) I trimmed about 1/4" off on the sides (on the upper half of the cod), so that it follows the angle of the lower half of the cod.

Trimming it made a HUGE difference in walking comfort and sitting comfort. I didn't want to trim it too much or it'd be long & narrow... not really the part of the body I want to draw attention to, in this case lol.

When you guys walk in your kit, does the cod rub/limit the insides of your thighs a little bit? It looks like it gets in the way a little for Jango too in the pictures I see. Looks like it rubs on the upper inner part of Boba's thighs too.

Just want to make sure I'm not the only one with my thighs rubbing against the cod. :)

Thanks yall, you've been a lot of help as always!

Yeah, my cod and kidney plates are slipping off, I plan to install some snaps in the flightsuit and snap plates in the armor pieces.

I use elastic band, which is taped on the inside, to connect the cod and back belt. I will velcro them to the jumpsuit. But even without the velcro, they stay in place. I just slip into it, like underwear. :cool :lol:

P5070574.JPGP5070575.JPGP5070576.JPG

some very helpful advice here, anyone who has trooped as a storm trooper would know that it's near impossible to sit in that gear lol :lol:

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back