What's in a name?

I think I remember a buddy of mine mentioning that Mandalorians were pacifists as well! The Fetts just happened to be a "bad egg" in the batch (correct me if I'm wrong :p) back before the clone wars and such established the Mandalorians as more of a warrior race.

That being said though, I don't really care too much. It may obscure cannon here and there but Mandalorians inspire a lot of good Mandos, Mando Mercs or what have you. Granted it's easier to make a custom mando less believable due to a lack of attention to detail, odd color schemes, half-baked parts due to rushing for a convention, (the list goes on for reason it does not work artistically) but that's part of the process! Your Fett can look one way, and then 1 or 2 repaints later or some upgraded parts, completely transforms it until something sticks (I have to say, there are some sick looking Mandos that give even Boba's armor a run for his money).

To any Mandos, Mando Mercs, or Star Wars fans who just want to put there own spin on something, thumbs up to you! You can learn a lot when you take a risk and do something different!

PS; I didn't know about mythosaurs, btw, so this is pretty interesting information for me! I use to think it might have even been a krayt dragon skull myself...

Lucas has to approve all of the star wars game knights of the old republic brought mandalorians to a reality regardless if they are canon or not

But... that's just stubbornness. That's like saying Pluto is still a planet because you grew up with it as a planet...

Pluto's not a planet. It's Mickey's dog :D

No, but seriously. I know Pluto's not a planet, but I still call it a planet. Because I'm used to it. And to **** people off if they start complaining about it. I won't just ignore poor little Pluto because some scientists suddenly found out that it's too small to be a planet.

And about the skull... I call it a Bantha because that's what I've been reading everywhere. And when I Googled pictures of 'bantha skull', that skull appeared. It also appeared on 'mythosaur skull', though... But yeah, I call it Bantha. It's easier to say than Mythosaur :p

Pluto's not a planet. It's Mickey's dog :D

No, but seriously. I know Pluto's not a planet, but I still call it a planet. Because I'm used to it. And to **** people off if they start complaining about it. I won't just ignore poor little Pluto because some scientists suddenly found out that it's too small to be a planet.

And about the skull... I call it a Bantha because that's what I've been reading everywhere. And when I Googled pictures of 'bantha skull', that skull appeared. It also appeared on 'mythosaur skull', though... But yeah, I call it Bantha. It's easier to say than Mythosaur :p

That seems to be a general consensus on this board, from what I've seen here anyway. I just think there's some disparity between canon fans and EU fans, but also between costumers in general. Some people like to make it wild and crazy, and when a canon fan sees that, I can see the questions grinding away behind the eyes... "Why is the armor that color? Are they aligned with 'vague, virtually unknown faction' of Star Wars? And if they're not, what's with all the nerf weapons? How could they just slap it together and call it a costume? You have to take queues from the movies, so much aesthetic was built on old Army gear, and generally the base of most weapons is from another age, why would they disregard all of these subtle, but distinct pointers as to how to make a believable costume?" And then, excuse my french, but they lose their ****, bonkers. But we shouldn't hate them, rather I like to think of them as a breath of fresh air... mind you, the air smells of strawberries and sugar, and the air is blowing our canon capes into our faces... but they bring a certain amount of levity to the cons. Stop stressing, so many people can't see past the armor, but when you break it down we all love Star Wars. Isn't that enough?

I think this pic really illustrates the vast difference between Mandos and a Canon Boba:
manddomercsnf3.jpg

See how the Boba just doesn't fit in at all, how different the costume looks from the Mercs in the background?

I think this pic really illustrates the vast difference between Mandos and a Canon Boba:
manddomercsnf3.jpg

See how the Boba just doesn't fit in at all, how different the costume looks from the Mercs in the background?

I actually agree with you on that, they're all a little TOO matched, a little too flashy. I always thought small personal touches went way farther than crazy color schemes. What if, instead of being neon blue, that guy instead went with a flat grey, and a small personalized rangefinder? That'd be pretty cool, in my opinion.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back