Letraset Dry Transfer Font - Folio Bold Condensed.

In the last couple of days I did some measurements of the jetpack (only images) and I got some really interesting results regarding the fonts and the font height used: the font is the same font used on the Pre-Pro #3 and ESB Hero ears - Folio Bold Condensed (7mm height) but there is also another type used in combination with the first one: Folio Medium (7mm height), but there are some letters with smaller height used on the top left tank (pre-Pro #1), around 4 or 5mm, but most of them are 7mm. It might be possible that my measurements are a bit or too much off, but I have no other resources to confront these values.

This image shows the different Folio Types:

Folio Font Types.jpg

And this is the Folio Medium font for download==> View attachment Folio Medium.zip

Here is the Pre-Pro #1/Pre-Pro #3 (same jetpack) and the ESB Hero jetpack measurements, but the Promo #2 jetpack (in the AoSW and C-IV exibits) shows the same results (sadly the ROTJ Hero jetpack has all the letters removed or scratched):

PP1 Jetpack Letters.jpg ESB Jetpack Letters.jpg

Note that the letter combinations are my interpretation and might be wrong.

The Promo #2 Jetpack has Folio Medium font applied and not the Folio Bold Condensed, but possible some other font types too (ex. Helvetica):

PP1 vs Promo2 Jetpack.jpg

ESB Jetpack Letters.jpg

Folio Font Types.jpg

PP1 vs Promo2 Jetpack.jpg

PP1 Jetpack Letters.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The first post was updated with additional information and images from post #22.

Updated the end of the first post with keystrokes for the dot on the right ear and the jetpack, and also the keystrokes for the left and right double arrows found on the jetpacks. All image files that used these characters were corrected and uploaded.

Man, that is wild! Outstanding research. (y)

Now who can make some dry transfer sets consisting of DV: IIIIIIIII EE: T for us? :lol:

The end of the first post was updated with an image from a 1966 Letraset Catalogue.

Today I played a little bit with this image :

Helvetica Letraset Sheet.jpg

This is an A5 sheet (half of an A4 page) of an existing Letraset sheet (Helvetica Medium Condensed 7mm). The whole idea was to recreate a new sheet with the 'Folio Bold Condensed 7mm' font:

Folio Letraset Sheet.jpg

The whole page was recreated by using similar fonts and by replacing the sheet code with TDH and 0302, which means March 2002 (the birth of this forum) and in the end I applied a bit of aging to the page. I might recreat the page without any brand name and other codes if anyone will want to do these for the TDH members (or for anybody).

I also did a test print of this sheet to see if the font height is indeed 7mm:

Folio Measurement.jpg

Perfect!

Helvetica Letraset Sheet.jpg

Folio Letraset Sheet.jpg

Folio Measurement.jpg

I believe you are actually looking for 7.6mm (28pt) from Letraset. There was actually considerable debate at one point whether it was 7.6 or 6.7 (24pt) but from what I recall with our scaling tests on the helmet, 7.6 won out.

ESB_Helmet_Decals.png

ESB_Helmet_Decals.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back