ICONIC Rubber EE3 (ROTJ) - Stormrider

Stormrider

Well-Known Hunter
Ok, This is the pull of my barrell for the new foam/rubber hybrid ee3. The seam is really small, but the flashing is still on it. Its thin and curly so it looks big, but in reality, its pretty small. With a small pair of scisors I think I could make it unseeable via video.

This one has NO interior part, so its unbreakable. Im going to create a stunt scope (meaning alum body with rubber ends, rubber trigger, guard, hammer and windage knob. Standard D bracket (the grip is regular from my kit) and a foam filled stock.

It should make it light, unbreakable, portable, and AWESOME!

So heres the video of the first pull of the barrell, mind you I always have to adjust my technique a bit but you get the point.
rubber ee3 - YouTube=

Looks great so far!!! Any plans for an ESB version? I have your kit, but it would be nice to have an indestructible version as well ;)

Terrantula

I would have to figure out the Flash tube, but yes. I have been thinking about it. Im also redoing the trigger hammer etc so theres no work to put them together, just glue and on your way.

Looks great man! If you figure out an ESB one i may be interested in one for any super high volume troops where i wouldn't want my standard SR blaster :)

Looks like junk send it to me so i can dispose of it, but seriously very cool.

NOW, you need to make the stock outa that stuff, attach it with your standard resin D bracket? I dunno if thats the plan or not but sounds like it would work for weight. I think your onto something with it. With some paint it'll look awesome...I know a guy.

I am making the stock with the greebles on it out of that too. The only hard pieces will be the grip and the d bracket.

My hangup with the project is the scope. It sags in foam. heavy in rubber. maybe aluminum but then the scope rings are an issue.

Mike,

I know you said the demand would have to be big if you did these. What price would a rotj one be? I could find a scope to put on it.

Dave

I really like the idea of a solid rubber blaster. The comfort knowing dropping the thing wont break something that's hard to come by in a Fett Prop.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back