Webley...Rubber EE-3 Blaster

Me too. I'd like to know how long to make this thing. And do I have to mount the scope on the flashtube? That just seems silly to me but if that's what you guys want then I will.

Id say do one pic with what wizard says (scope attached to flash tube ) and one pic with the scope mount on the verry end of the barrle. and we can deside from there:)

After studying the pictures in great detail and adjusting the scale and the position of the perspective of the barrel’s wire frame I am convinced that the clamp is on the flashtube and that the flashtube is 6" long.

With that said if the clamp were to be moved to the gun barrel then the flashtube would have to be shortened to account for the difference otherwise it would look like the flash tube extends out too far and to keep the proportions then the tube would have to be about 5 ¼”.

It is ultimately up to what the buyers want. I am just reporting what I have found and as much as I would like to own one of these beauties it is not in the cards. So what is the consensus of the board? Maybe it would be appropriate to hold a poll?

What is the length of the barrel on the master part?

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I would like to see it ON the flashtube just to be as screen acurate as possible but again, it IS up to John's discretion and what he feels is how close he would like to come to the original prop.
Bottom line is that the base gun is cast from a real webley...The scope is accurate as well. We are getting screen acurate split plugs as well as the molex connectors and a real MPP flash tube as well as having the V8 Connecting Rod on the final product.
I personally am not going to complain if it is on the gun or on the tube because either way, this baby IS going to complete my ensamble and turn alot of heads.

Okay. Please keep in mind that this is a very quick paint job and it is for show only.
EE-3%20Assembled%20011.jpg

EE-3%20Assembled%20013.jpg

EE-3%20Assembled%20018.jpg

EE-3%20Assembled%20016.jpg

EE-3%20Assembled%20014.jpg

EE-3%20Assembled%20015.jpg

EE-3%20Assembled%20017.jpg

I just wanted to take a moment to thank a few people who have help this project tremendously. Brak's Buddy has loaned me the scope and the V8 Greeblie without these, we wouldn't have the excellent accuracy available that we do. Hand Schaub has loaned me his entire metal gun and scope. We used a combination of both assemblies to make this product. Thank you guys very much for all of your help.

Well, after seeing those pics, there is no shadow of doubt in my mind that I definately Love the Rubber Barrel!
Holy Cow!
That looks unbelieveble!
Damn fine job!
Just a V8 Connecting Rod away from Perfection!

I changed my mind!!!! go ahead and glue that flash on to my gun. ill just turn the flash i got into a crude saber and sell it. that is unless any of you want to buy it!

Firstly, let me hear your overall opinions of the blaster as shown above. The barrel is 5.25" long. The scope is mounted to the barrel instead of to the flash tube. The flash tube is made in rubber as well as the entire gun. This is not some wobbly rubber. This is firm stuff. The paint job is similar to what you will get but yours will be better.

I absolutly love it!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :love :love :love :cheers :cheers :cheers That's the design I would like mine to be. cant wait to see the final paint job! in my opinion id say dont change a thing!

A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
sniff. sniff..... It's just so beautiful. I know that I'd like to say that this project has gone smoothly but I can't. It's been more like crapping out a pineapple....err....I mean from what I could imagine.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back