WIP: First Armor/Jet pack Attempt (paint job) ESB

Kcr7pr

Active Hunter
I decided to post on the armor section to get pointers and update my progress. Had a free day from work and what a better day to start painting my esb armor. Here is the raw work after a few layers of airbrush and taking out that glorius liquid mask.. please post critics and help me out complete this project:

IMG_20120328_001337.jpg

IMG_20120328_001314.jpg

IMG_20120328_001320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice I didn't use an airbrush for mine, just the old spray can for me.
Are you going to add the yellow around the silver on the armour by hand?
But I think the armour be a darker green than the gaunts?

Any suggestions what color should i used on gaunlets and jetpack or should i darken up the armor more

What color did you use on the gaunts. For the armor you should be using US med Green.

seems panzer olive green is no longer made, I have stuck up with panzer olive grun... will this be same color or near:
IMG_20120329_083028.jpg

IMG_20120329_083033.jpg

tested on gaunts still unsure if is the rigth mix:
IMG_20120329_093151.jpg

please comment,

also did some weathering on armor:
IMG_20120329_135338.jpg

The armor weathering looks good, but as I posted in your other thread, the knee base yellow should match the right shoulder bell's base color (the orange/yellow one). The repainted green on the gauntlet(s) should be more a khaki-like color, but maybe you will achieve this with a little color tone down (?)

Thanks rafal, will work on those knees today, doing research on gaunlet color. Hopefully get the correct color.
Spideyfett used panzer olive green on his jetpack, will mix my color up and do some testing

I was suggested RLM 62 by Lee Malone for the ESB jetpack. I never used it but it looks really close and he knows what he's talking about IMO. He researched the actual helmet/armour/jetpack/gaunts Floquil paint lists.

Thanks rafal, will work on those knees today, doing research on gaunlet color. Hopefully get the correct color.
Spideyfett used panzer olive green on his jetpack, will mix my color up and do some testing

While he (Spideyfett) used the panzer olive green on the jetpack, I think the color has changed due to the weathering process and possibly other factors. You might ask him on his thread about paint the process (the gauntlets and the jetpack shares the same colors and weathering technique).

decided to start the jetpack since i want it to match the gaunlets here is the first few touches to it:

IMG_20120401_192720.jpg

IMG_20120401_182925.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back