Recently acquired a set of armor but I have a few questions...

Honker

New Hunter
A friend of mine has had quite the setup sitting in his garage for quite sometime and I am now the owner of a lot of Mark Bradley Fett armor and more. The setup was the full set of armor minus the kidney plate, gauntlets, chest lights, shin tools, knee darts, jetpack and some vest/neckseal material. The armor appears to be missing a few of the necessary dents and the cod doesn't have the raised details on the right side. The knees look to be very small and are missing all of the dents. The gauntlets also seem to be a bit small not in fit but overall size and am debating on replacing them. The jetpack kit is very interesting to say the least as it is vac formed and the main body of the pack not counting the rear access door is in 3 pieces. I've been fiddling around with it but the missile, thrusters and tank toppers look great. I wanted to ask how many here have experience with this armor, gaunts, pack etc and know what all would be necessary to bring it up to par for 501st membership. I've asked a couple Fett's within my Garrison and was told to never buy the MB armor lol mainly because of its accuracy but I wanted to see what you guys thought? I'm considering using Alan's templates to build the pack body and using the resin parts from this kit and I'm also thinking about building the gauntlets as well. I've got the armor mostly trimmed out and the slots for the chest display done and I'll probably be adding the dents in sometime this week.

sorry it took so long to respond..I'm having issues with the camera so I'll be heading to my mother's to get my old one in the next day or so and I'll have some pics to post. I'm almost finished with the scratch build gauntlets and I'll post a side by side comparison of the MB and wof pattern gaunts...man the size difference is scary! Haven't added in the dents to the MB armor yet but I'll probably do that once the gauntlets are done..I'll need to get my hands on a resin dental expander ( no luck there yet ) and still have to grab the momentary buttons and toggle switches along with the hoses and connectors.

Finally got some pics of the MB armor
PANA0012.jpg

This plate is missing the dent in the upper right of the pic..I've seen armor with and without it

PANA0013-1.jpg

PANA0018.jpg

collar is missing dents

PANA0017.jpg

PANA0016.jpg

PANA0015.jpg

cod is missing the raised details

PANA0011.jpg

ab is missing the dent on the bottom

PANA0014-1.jpg

no dents on the shoulders and do you think they seem to be too rounded?

PANA0025.jpg

here are the knees without the dents and no "F" details..
PANA0026.jpg

PANA0021.jpg

the gauntlet kit minus a few details and here is a side by side of the left gaunt from both MB and the WoF patterns I've started building

PANA0022.jpg

gauntlets are slowly coming along

PANA0019.jpg

but that is the main stuff I'm curious about with this setup..I am wanting to do the ROTJ Boba and hopefully all I have to do is add the dents. The knees I am a bit worried about though. I could cut away the detailing for the F and back it with plastic. but the sizing concerns me a bit...maybe it is just me...I'll have someone take a pic of them on me to show you what I mean..all in all the stuff doesn't look bad but I've just heard things about this armor and wanted to ask what you thought?

While the gauntlets are Ok, most of the armor plates are mishaped and ugly, especially the abdominal plate and the cod piece. Sorry for this, but I try to be honest with you. If you have serious toughts with your suit, then try to buy or do your own set of armor. At least you have a set of armor to experiment paint and dent techniques.

Wizard's templates are quite a bit bigger than these knees are so I would have to scale them down to use them. Rafal...I would ask nothing less than honesty especially with a costume of this caliber. The pieces do require quite a bit of work. They are very uneven bubbly pulls and need a lot of sanding to level the surfaces out before anything else. The armor plates themselves are also very thin and need to be backed with FG especially the backplate. I might put the time into it and see a bit further along what it is looking like and worst case I give it to my 12 year old son who wants to do Boba as well..The gauntlets fit him perfectly in size but wil need to be padded..I may even sell it off and put the money into another set of armor...kind of a coin toss but this for 501st membership.

Honker , Rafs right and i personally respect his comments and advice . I started my armor with little idea of what materials to use I chose ally as i work in the vehicle body trade . There are excellent threads and tutorials on here and also great advice and encouragement from the members here and if you have to do alot of mods to what you've got you may be better to start from scratch especially if you are going for 501st approval . Anyways matey good luck it will be worth it ;)

from scratch it is...I've already started the gauntlets and will be building the pack as well so...why not the armor lol? I'll see how this fits my son and once the gauntlets are done I'll begin the armor build

just got my calc pad and expander from DVH, formed the lower shells and going to pick up the momentary buttons, toggle switches and fittings for the hoses this coming week..still have some sanding to do before primer..I'm thinking about using dowels inside the connectors to attach the hoses instead of the acrylic rods I have here.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back