crow86's asok CC helmet ESB paintup

crow86

Active Hunter
So I decided that I would make a separate thread for my helmet paint up from the rest of my build. I picked up one of asok's cold cast FP helmets. Im going to be using Raf's templates and a combined list of Floquils and Humbrols. I started finished polishing it and then sealed the outer cold cast before stenciling.
DSCN0418.gif

DSCN0421.gif

DSCN0422.gif

DSCN0424.gif

Well here's your next update Raf :D I started on the back panels and stenciled out the silver areas and masked them off. I sprayed Floquil's Primer first, which is a light gray color. So I might actually just use it as the light gray layer on the back seeing it is a very small area on here.
photo-2.gif

photo1.gif

I did consider adding the physical damage, but opted not too seeing it's a cold cast helmet. If I do another helmet that isn't cold cast I will add the damage into it.

looking great crow, diggin' your work brother. The right hand panel looks like it may just be missing a few extra bits of silver, but thats just minor stuff in what looks to be some quality work m'man!

Here's the latest, I got the Reefer Gray sprayed the other day and masking fluid off. I also got in my Humbrol paints, so now I can finish the back panel.

DSCN0450.gif

DSCN0451.gif

Time for an update. I finally got back to working on it. I decided to restart the back panels because I wasn't happy with how it was lining up v.s. how it should look. So those were completely stripped down. With some help from some guys here on the boards with how to scale the templates, I started with the left ear cap.
DSCN0622.gif

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back