Unable to post images

BlackCatBone

Active Hunter
Seems like there's been some change to the forum that is preventing me from adding images to posts. Both locally stored and pulled from URLs. No image code appears in the message. I tried from 2 different computers. Using the latest Firefox.

Could some one double check this? Thanks!

BCB

I don't the same problem posting images, but Man of War Studios mentioned he was having trouble adding an image to his signature. Will check, stay tuned.

I had the some trouble for a bit. Turns out the file sizes were to large. I now reduce the image sizes a bit and have no trouble. Don't know if that's your problem, but it worked for me. Cheers!

I've had problems adding avatars. I got everything in the dimensions needed and are within more than reasonable file sizes but TDH keeps telling me that the image is not valid. Anyone know how to fix it?

Seems like there's been some change to the forum that is preventing me from adding images to posts. Both locally stored and pulled from URLs. No image code appears in the message. I tried from 2 different computers. Using the latest Firefox.

Could some one double check this? Thanks!

BCB

Sometimes when you attach an image, the image isn't inserted in your text but appears somewhere under your text. If this is the case, edit your post, then 'Go Advanced' and 'Manage Attachments'. In the new window, in the left down corner you will find your attached file. Just check the image and then hit the 'Insert Inline' button. If this not the case, try to save your file in a different, accepted format and upload it again.

I've had problems adding avatars. I got everything in the dimensions needed and are within more than reasonable file sizes but TDH keeps telling me that the image is not valid. Anyone know how to fix it?

It is possible that you meet the image size but the file size is bigger (or the other way - good file size but bigger image size). Try to reduce the image quality of the saved file and upload it again.

I've gotten it down to as little as under 10KB. Do I need to go smaller? I know the cap on file sizes are much more than that which is what has been frustrating for me...:facepalm

OK, there was indeed an issue with avatars and signature images. That has been corrected. Give it another try. Still looking at the regular image uploads.

There is an ongoing issue with the new image uploader, so we have reverted to the older uploader for images. Please let me know if you have any more issues with uploading images.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back