Hasbro Supertrooper Soft Parts Thoughts?

darthbailey58

New Hunter
Hi all,

So I've decided to do the supertrooper / prototype boba fett and I want to order my soft parts now from bobamaker. Do you think that I could use the rotj colour flightsuit and ask for the vest to be made the same colour? I'm baseing my build off the Hasbro figure shown below. As an afterthought what are people's opinions on doing it this way as opposed to the one shown in the gallery? I.E white flightsuit and vest?

All opinions welcome :)

IMAG0174.jpg

The Hasbro version is just a cosmeticized Boba Fett (ESB or ROTJ) because the SuperTrooper armor doesn't had any dents, except the 3 circles in the left side of the abdominal plate. I say stick to the Gallery images, especially the images with Alan Harris (here ==> SuperTrooper Costume Test Fitting) and the images with/from the SuperTrooper footage (starting with the first images). The original SuperTrooper helmet was undented, the ears were partially painted white, the forehead arrows were painted red and blue and in the rear keyhole there were two dental files, the same files are/were in the Sandy type helmets (Pre-Pro #2, Sandy and ROTJ).

Remember that these images should not be used as a reference:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Screen-Test-07.jpg
The gauntlets are changed R/L (I think GL and the crew just wanted to see how it looks or didn't knew the correct placement).

Boba-Fett-Costume-Test-Fitting-13.jpg
This isn't an actual SuperTrooper helmet (altough it was designed for that) because when they changed the SuperTrooper concept to Boba Fett, among the colored suit they added the dent(s) too. This is actually an unpainded, white Boba Fett.

Supertrooper Helmet 1.jpg
The same goes here. Note that this helmet had unpainted ears.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Screen-Test-06.jpg
I may say that the towel/cape isn't needed for a SuperTrooper costume, because this was just a mock up, some kind of a replacement, just to see how it will look on the colored Boba Fett suit with this addition.

Here is my PDF file with all the discussions in the SuperTrooper/Boba Fett footage which will help you to better understand the functionality of the suit.

View attachment Supertrooper.pdf

Go with all parts in a different shades of white and your suit will be awesome.

And as a side note, the SuperTrooper prototype was converted to the Boba Fett PreProduction #1.

Can you elaborate on the all armour parts different shade of white please?

Cheers

I was reffering to the whole suit, not just the armor. The armor is the same white, the jumpsuit is a different white and the vest is different too, because of the materials they used.

SuperTrooper White.jpg

The same suit in different lighting (indoor and outdoor). The armor looks lighter in color than the soft parts, except the ammo belt and the boots (kind of the same shade), while the vest is a bit darker than the jumpsuit and the gloves.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back