Stopping by to say hello

Scott

New Hunter
Good Monday everyone!!

I am Scott and I am currently the Commanding Officer (for the next 48 hours) for the Mountain Garrison of the 501st.

I have a total of 9 501st approved kits so far, and have started on my 10th, which will be a Jodo Kast!!

I have the bucket, armor, and a few other items, and was pointed over here by one of our local Fett's to get more info.

Been searching the forums the last day or so and have already learned a ton.

Looking forward to getting a great kit together, and learning as much as I can.

Thanks,

Scott

Welcome make yourself at home. I believe I have seen some of your work over on BHG if I am not mistaken.

I am BH4930 with the Star Garrison.

how ya going Scott, this is a great resource I have learned a lot but unfortunately not much to show, enjoy it has helped me to keep on going, with some the class I see on this site you will be inspired, good luck sounds like you have it, cheers

Welcome! As RobaFett said before me, this site is truly inspirational, not only as costuming but also how to carry yourself. The moral integrity here is top notch, and everybody I've ever talked to has always been courteous and helpful. So ask anybody if you've got specific questions, I'm sure anybody would be happy to help, myself included. Welcome to TDH!!!

Thanks all.

Here are a few pics of what I have been working on, as well as a few trips to the hardware stores:

photobucket-1381-1330577247889.jpg

photobucket-2313-1330577061557.jpg

Thanks all.

Here are a few pics of what I have been working on, as well as a few trips to the hardware stores:

photobucket-1381-1330577247889.jpg

photobucket-2313-1330577061557.jpg

Looks like you're off to a WONDERFUL start, I'll be watching with interest. :) New people always bring a fresh breath of air to the subject, with new ideas of doing things. :) lol, said the new guy

Well, to the Mando I am certainly a newbie and will not try to hide that, but to costuming I m not such a novice.

I have the honor of having the ONLY Commander Cody in the Garrison (and I am pretty proud of that fact) as well as the ONLY 501st and Rebel Legion approved Boomer.

Boomer - The Clone Wars

Building the kits is the most fun, which is why I have yet to STOP building them!!

Thanks, more to come soon!!

Neat, I'm scratchbuilding that version of the helmet right now :) you're brave for approaching a build with so little reference. Good luck and can't wait to see it done!

Just got word the JP is on the way, and knee darts will be in hand next week as well.

Did a little more work on the right gauntlet hose connectors. I used a few reference pics and threads from here locally, and spent some time at the local ACE Hardware:

101_0023.jpg

Using these, I found the 5/16" connectors work well, and will allow for a 3/8" dowel to pass through. I did end up drilling out the flare cape with a 3/8" bit to get it to fit all the way through, and can secure it with some epoxy.

101_0027.jpg

101_0028.jpg

101_0029.jpg

I messed up and drilled the hole on the back of the connector that the dowel runs through towards the wrong side, so I will need to re-drill the hole and patch the old one (no biggie there).

Made some great progress this weekend with the warm weather (even with a troop mixed in!!)

101_0030.jpg

101_0031.jpg

101_0035.jpg

I also decided to tackle the angle detail on the insides of Jodo's gauntlets:

101_0034.jpg

101_0033.jpg

Then it was time to see if the masking fluid worked, and SUCCESS!!

101_0036.jpg

101_0037.jpg

101_0039.jpg

Then back to the gauntlets!!

(Painted)
101_0038.jpg

And still to be painted:

101_0040.jpg

101_0041.jpg

And finally, an up close of the brass connectors after painting, for a final test fit:

101_0042.jpg

I also was able to grab a Pulse 40 for the sidearm, and did some fittings for the jumpsuit, and also ordered my Fettronics board!!

Looking good, it's all a bit orange for me but that's all at your discretion. It's your project and god knows not a single frame in that comic is the same as another :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back