Stopping by to say hello

Got my MOW pack and it is amazing.

However, I was wondering if anyone has an idea on the thruster assembly. I saw his older packs had a one piece thruster (which was pretty self explanatory), but the new ones have what I assume are a few extra details.

For example:

I am not sure what this is used for, but there are 2 of them (one for each side):
photobucket-2311-1332378261477.jpg

And I assume I need a 3/4" PVC pipe to connect the ball with the thruster cone here:
photobucket-2374-1332378235108.jpg

I am not above asking for help, so there ya go!!

Thanks!

Looking good Scott... !
I'm glad ya got sorted with the sidearm. (y)

I'm not sure on the thruster assy as the one I have is a one-piece?

So I figured out I just use 3/4" PVC for the thruster cones, but I still have no idea what the round parts are for. I will keep looking.

Anyways, here is an update from the weekend and this week so far:

Started cleaning up the pack, and as I said, got the connections in via PVC and elbows for the thrusters.
101_0053.jpg

Also started received my Fetttronics and the Pulse 40 in the mail:
101_0044.jpg

101_0045.jpg

Also I got the knee darts and gauntlet darts in, and I began the mounting for those:
101_0046.jpg

Added the Bantha skull to the shoulder bell:
101_0054.jpg

Plus got a ton done on the gauntlets. I used the Wizard of Flight templates to get the back part of the right gauntlet. I actually just printed it on paper, cut it out, taped it up, then filled it with Great Stuff foam (the less expanding kind). The I just bonded it and mounted it to the gauntlet:
101_0043.jpg

And here is what the gauntlets look like today:
101_0048.jpg

101_0050.jpg

And the left one:
101_0049.jpg

Still have the left rocket to paint and install, and some leather work to do (not to mention the jet pack), but all in all I am pretty happy with the progress so far.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back