Bo Katan Bo Katan Suit Questions

Sorry if I misunderstood, but you mean the color of the suit right? When I look at the episode, I indeed would say Neutral 2: 361. Yet on some pictures like http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/ff/BoKatanDetail-SWE.png, the suit seems a bit darker like Neutral 2: 285 or Neutral 1: 528 even?

Also sorry if I rudely interrupt btw. I've also started on a Bo-Katan costume and came across this forum and topic. You guys really have great tips and suggestions! I'm still a bit of a newby, but I also will be looking around for more info/tips/suggestions etc on the costume and hope I'm be able to help out you guys too :)

Sorry if I misunderstood, but you mean the color of the suit right? When I look at the episode, I indeed would say Neutral 2: 361. Yet on some pictures like http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/ff/BoKatanDetail-SWE.png, the suit seems a bit darker like Neutral 2: 285 or Neutral 1: 528 even?

Also sorry if I rudely interrupt btw. I've also started on a Bo-Katan costume and came across this forum
and topic. You guys really have great tips and suggestions! I'm still a bit of a newby, but I also will be looking around for more info/tips/suggestions etc on the costume and hope I'm be able to help out you guys too :)

No apologies needed! Thanks for rolling in. I have a hard time with color. Shading, screen resolution and type as well as lighting all play a factor. Any tips or advice are much appreciated. It takes a village to raise a Bo :)

Also sorry if I rudely interrupt btw. I've also started on a Bo-Katan costume and came across this forum
and topic. You guys really have great tips and suggestions! I'm still a bit of a newby, but I also will be looking around for more info/tips/suggestions etc on the costume and hope I'm be able to help out you guys too :)

No apologies needed! Thanks for rolling in. I have a hard time with color. Shading, screen resolution and type as well as lighting all play a factor. Any tips or advice are much appreciated. It takes a village to raise a Bo :)

The suit is a charcoal dark gray with with lighter gray smudges.

Here's a better picture of the material. plus a little glimpse of the girth belt.

Hope this helps some of you on getting your girth belt correct. But on Monday or Tueday, I will give you guys a human rendition of this costume. stay tune.

6797987196_92615a007f_o.jpg

The suit is a charcoal dark gray with with lighter gray smudges.

Here's a better picture of the material. plus a little glimpse of the girth belt.

Hope this helps some of you on getting your girth belt correct. But on Monday or Tueday, I will give you guys a human rendition of this costume. stay tune.

6797987196_92615a007f_o.jpg

Yeah, I think a real world version would be the charcoal/gunship grey (Strike Eagle grey). The variation of shading for a cartoon character would be to add depth/break it up. With all those smudges, surely Bo Katan isn't a dirty bird.

Great zoom of the girth belt and pouches. It looks like the pouches terminate at about the half way point. Standard girth is 9 rows right? And its definitely brown.

This is awesome! I'm starting my Bo katan sculpts tommorow. We are going to do vacformed kits. My wife is just about Bo's size in real life (except the long neck) should be fun!

This is awesome! I'm starting my Bo katan sculpts tommorow. We are going to do vacformed kits. My wife is just about Bo's size in real life (except the long neck) should be fun!

Eggcellent, don't forget to dare to share. Have you picked what kind of body suit yet?

Guys I've been looking at images for her costume. I honestly think that there isn't a secondary sleeve on the jumpsuit. I believe the sleeve is to the vest just more of a slim shirt sleeve than the customary Curved Short Boba sleeve.
This is the thing with animated versus real life images, its left to personal interpretation.
I go through this all the time making costumes.
I always lean toward functionality because you have to wear it! Its not drawn on you...
The reason I suggested a unitard (bodysuit)and leggings is it would make more sense to have two pieces since you are a girl wearing the costume, and if you do indeed need to use the restroom well. Why I have a zipper in the waist of my Boba jumpsuit.
Anyhow I was just reading a bit here and thought I'd mention my reasoning.
Thanks Nick!;)

That is a good point... and I know my oldest daughter can't be at a con for as long as me and not have to pee sometime.

Man, this is tough. I think I might try 349 as a compromise from neutral 1. I guess you could always go darker if it doesn't work :)

That's true, great idea :)

Also thanks for the tip crazy4BobaFett, also great idea! I actually was already thinking of making the bodysuit in 2 parts and then let the belt cover the transition. Originally my reason was that 2 parts (at least for me) would be better to come by and being more fitting everywhere over the body (sorry if my English isn't so great, but don't know how else to discribe it haha) at the same time then with a full bodysuit. But indeed it's also handy when having to use the restroom, since that also always is my problem when wearing a flightsuit for my TIE :lol:

Nice!! :D I always had kind of the problem being to tall for most costumes of Star Wars characters, Bo-Katan was actually the first who would be even taller then me. Perhaps that's why I like her so much :lol:

Well I got a unitard and leggings from a dance store in white. The top was ok but the leggings did not translate well in my opinion. While there they showed me a catalogue with full body long sleeve mock turtle neck suits that can come in a charcoal grey or a color called gasoline. Both look similar in color to Bo. I am going to see if I can exchange them
The leggings were almost translucent and screamed swan lake.I was disappointed but hopefully I can exchange it as well as return the dyes I bought.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back