Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread.

you can Get Aker mics from amazon. they arent amazing but do the job. Rom/Fx voice amps are probably the best option though if you don't mind the expense and wait time.

IMG_1098.jpgIMG_1097.JPGIMG_1095.JPGIMG_1094.JPGIMG_1093.JPGGauntlets came in today! Hurrah! They are Cruzer Gauntlets and are top notch!!!!! Check out the pic, also while taking a gander at the pic, can I get your feedback on the flight suit color? I kind of like the postal blue, but thought about dying it to match my gloves a bit more.

IMG_1096.JPG

Woot! Three boxes in the mail today, all filled with the rest of the components to my Jango costume. This weekend I should have a Showoff thread.

Sorry I've been off the site for a bit, lost my Mom and my Dog this year. But good news, my vest came in today from Bobamaker. Now I'm have the task of attaching the armor to it. What does everyone recommend: Velcro or snaps? I'm leaning toward snaps, but paranoid if I'll get it all to line up right.

Snaps

Just take your time. I used some velcro to get mine into position, then I chalked the outer edges of the armor on the vest, then punched the holes for the snaps.

Also I start at the collar and work my way down with the spacing. That way you start off at a known point and work off of it.

Im all for the snaps! My Boba armor is attached with bolt/nuts..which would probably work as well. But may be a bit difficulat to line up. Mine is actually a tad bit off in one spot.

I like the snap and velcro idea.

This is totally my opinion and there is probably an easier and safer way to do this....but....

If you want your armor to really "cling" tightly to you, after affixing the armor/snaps to the vest, I used a heat gun (while wearing it...yikes!) to warp the armor to fit my body better. It is very difficult to get the armor perfectly flush against your body. I am NOT saying you SHOULD use a heat gun, but merely saying this is what I did.

Also try not and glue the snaps too far to the edge of your armor.

Good luck!

If you want your armor to really "cling" tightly to you, after affixing the armor/snaps to the vest, I used a heat gun (while wearing it...yikes!) to warp the armor to fit my body better. It is very difficult to get the armor perfectly flush against your body. I am NOT saying you SHOULD use a heat gun, but merely saying this is what I did.

This is also what I did- just do it with someone you trust! I had my father-in-law help me. He trusts me to take care of his daughter, I can trust him with a heat gun next to my body.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back