ASOK CC FP MR Budget Boba Fett Helmet - Assembly and ESB Paintup

I'm already a fan of this thread! I love detailed wip and i'm sure i will use your advices for my next helmet. Keep up your excellent job!

This is a very helpful thread! What do you use to trim the visor area from the helmet?

I used a high speed cutting wheel... mine is Black and Decker but lots of guys use Dremel. You have to be careful though or you'll cut into the helmet. I also used tiny files foe the corners.

I'm already a fan of this thread! I love detailed wip and i'm sure i will use your advices for my next helmet. Keep up your excellent job!

Thanks! I've been working on some custom parts for my Ep III clone lately so I've not had time for Boba. I'm hoping I'll get an our or so this week so I can mask out the silver damage and start painting this up.

I haven't trooped as Boba in a year and I'm itching to get suited up in the latest upgrades again!

Great work! What brand of glue did you use on the chicago screws and the magnets?

I used GOOP for the magnets on the outside earcap... on the part connected to the helmet I used JB KWIK. I placed a layer of tape inside the helmet to give a little support because the material is thin. Once the JB KWIK cures its solid and holds the magnets well.

excellent job, I have the same helmet but not yet beginning to paint, and by the way thanks for the shoulder

I hear you there CC, trying to find time, you got to be in the moment so nothing else matters, but there always seems to be something to slow us down, but geat work so far mate!(y)

Hay Buddy, Any progress on this?? I got the exact same helmet and want to follow your progress.... cheers!!!

Hey Pete!

This helmet is no longer mine to complete :(... I sold it to a member here who will continue the process. I love Fett but decided to let it go and try my hand at something else. I have to say... its easier than I thought it would be... But I'll still be here on TDH and thebhg! Maybe one day in the future (years from now) I'll build up another Fett.

This helmet was ready to paint and I hope the new owner wil lbegin his paintup soon!

Really nice work on the prep and fitting the borden and magnets, the extra effort will really show in the finished helmet, but isn't your RF ROTJ instead of ESB? (y)

Really nice work on the prep and fitting the borden and magnets, the extra effort will really show in the finished helmet, but isn't your RF ROTJ instead of ESB? (y)

It doesn't matter anymore, because he already sold the helmet, but in post #10 he mention:

The almost complete RF/ Antenna. Only thing missing now is the eyepiece. It needs to be painted first and then glued on.

I added the lenspiece before I sent it to the new owner. Can't wait to see the paintup... maybe he'll continue it here... I can change the title.

QUOTE=HeadlessHunter;578288]Really nice work on the prep and fitting the borden and magnets, the extra effort will really show in the finished helmet, but isn't your RF ROTJ instead of ESB? (y)[/QUOTE]

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back