Dex's Y-Wing Helmet building thread

Hi all,
I am the first one who received a very great Y-Wing Helmet from Dex.It looks perfect and I will build it in the next time.
First here are pictures in compare with my EFX ESB Luke x-wing helmet. The Y-Wing Helmet had the correct scale and I had all other parts to complete it. Many many thanks to Rich for this cool helmet.
100_0743.JPG100_0742.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
First update! Open all holes for the circurit board and connector block.Remove some of the plastic from the visor and made 2 L-profiles for it.This profiles will later glue on the
visor.Next step are bondo and sand the helmet.

100_0745.JPG
100_0746.JPG
100_0747.JPG

Looking good!
I was going the similar route, to glue some aluminium strips to the visor and screw fix it on similar to the original.
You've already overtaken me on mine! :lol:

Update! Prime the helmet and install all greeblies connector and Visor and they works great.I had problems with the military connector.All parts I ordered are had the look of the original but are differend in size.So I kitbashed it from exict parts.Helmet is ready for paint.
100_0749.JPG
100_0750.JPG
100_0751.JPG
100_0752.JPG
100_0753.JPG
100_0754.JPG
100_0755.JPG
100_0757.JPG

Those greeblies really help!
Its looking good! Are you putting in the 4 rear buttons after paint or before?

Keep up the good work!

Wow! Good work, almost there now!
That does look like a load of work! Soon be done!
(You'll need a new project then!) :lol:

You got yourself a nice little plaque and everything, I like it! Like the paint scheme as well.(y)
I can't seem to find the link, but I remember some guys actually started building a full size y-wing a few years back.

Thank you BactaWork.The plaque is custom made by Eric from Singarpur.He is a member on the RPF board.
Are you the man who own a original B-Wing Helmet?
Small update...Helmet is Wheatered.
100_0770.JPG100_0771.JPG100_0772.JPG100_0773.JPG100_0774.JPG

I am very happy with it and hope there are will cooming a A- and B-Wing Helmet in future.

Nice! I like the weathering near the "missing" chin greeblie too!
You should be pleased with it as it looks really good mate!

I can still smell the plastic from todays run of vac-formed goggles! :D

Thank you BactaWork.The plaque is custom made by Eric from Singarpur.He is a member on the RPF board.
Are you the man who own a original B-Wing Helmet?
Small update...Helmet is Wheatered.
View attachment 58891View attachment 58892View attachment 58893View attachment 58894View attachment 58895

I am very happy with it and hope there are will cooming a A- and B-Wing Helmet in future.

Ah ok, I was actually thinking about having some plaques done by him for my B-wing project, so yes, I'm the same guy on the rpf with the production made B-wing helmet
and chest box.

Weathering looks great btw! Speaking of weathering, I have to ask, did you do any additional weathering to your X-wing helmet?

Weathering looks great btw! Speaking of weathering, I have to ask, did you do any additional weathering to your X-wing helmet?[/QUOTE]

No, the wheatering on the X-Wing Helmet is original.Did you had any news about your B-Wing Helmet?

Wow, looks better and better!
Are you planning to add the curved padding around the lower opening? On my Richie's Armor Y-Wing helmet
that was molded in and I covered it with fake leather. It was hard to wrap it and make it look even.

Wow, looks better and better!
Are you planning to add the curved padding around the lower opening? On my Richie's Armor Y-Wing helmet
that was molded in and I covered it with fake leather. It was hard to wrap it and make it look even.

Yes,will do.Looking for foampadding and leather at the moment.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back