Really Stuck!

hobbit057

Hunter
Hi everyone, im currently in the process of dedicating parts of my life to building a boba fett costume. here is the snag im in atm.... im confused as to which way to go with ESB, ROTJ or ROTJ se. i think the ESB and ROTJ se are the same? so im kinda leaning towards the latter.
the next problem i have is finding where i can get an unpainted helmet.... i have emailed the following makers; fettpride and bobamaker... the latter quoted me 439 pounds,
the helmet alone is 225 pounds,
but his price list on his website says 150 pounds.... doesn't make sense hey? anyway i converted the currency to $au and its way out of budget!!

im looking at well over $400 au. i just dont get it! i am hoping that fettpride gets back to me with a more resonable price...... but i guess thats not being realistic..... (sigh)

advice please! :(

If you would like a more affordable helmet the admin "asok" sells casts of the FettPride "budget" helmet that are very good. I own one myself. The differences between ROTJ and ESB are immense both in paint scheme and physical design of many pieces. Though not noticeable at first glace the two are very different costumes. Read through this thread in which Rafal Fett attempts to piece together the lineage of all of the Fett pre-production and production used costumes. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/boba-fett-suit-fact-files-42712/

Is the Bobamaker price for a completed lid?
If so I can understand the high price, from reading the forum I can see that a lot of work goes into a lid.
Fettpride should get back to you, it may take a while due to all his time going into the GMH project at the moment.
Also as posted above try ASOK or keep your eyes out for a second hand lid.

Craig

Also have a read of the pricing guides for building a Fett, it will take me a couple of years to save for everything I would guess, so I can learn to airbrush while I save.

In looking at the diferrences between ESB, ROTJ or SE, there are many. But to give a quick summary, basically - The ESB costume has the obvious high damage ESB helmet, and generally a green colour scheme for the gaunts and jet pack. ROTJ has a differently damaged and weathered helmet, red gaunts and a multicolor jetpack. SE essentially has the ESB helmet and the ROTJ suit, jetpack and gauntlet scheme. Now bear in mind there are literally huge amounts of differrences and variations in certain parts and colours throughout the three versions, but thats the abbreviated version for you in a nutshell..

As for the helmet, being from Australia also, I aquired my helmets from James (BGhunter), who is based in Sydney I think. James used to be on the boards a bunch, but not so much any more as his job takes up a heap of his time, and the last I remember he wasn't making many helmets anymore, but it may not hurt to drop him a line, as he may have an older cast or two he may be able to sell to you. With postage being far more reasonable in Australia, its at least worth a shot, as he makes a ripper helmet.. :)

Is the Bobamaker price for a completed lid?
If so I can understand the high price, from reading the forum I can see that a lot of work goes into a lid.
Fettpride should get back to you, it may take a while due to all his time going into the GMH project at the moment.
Also as posted above try ASOK or keep your eyes out for a second hand lid.

Craig

Also have a read of the pricing guides for building a Fett, it will take me a couple of years to save for everything I would guess, so I can learn to airbrush while I save.

yeah 439 is for a completed lid and 150 less for the kit.

so, would i be right in saying, the ROTJ se, is ESB helmet and ROTJ everything else?

what is everyones preference? i think the ESB helmet, and ROTJ armour..... are there any differences in armour in the SE?

Yes, there are armour differences between ROTJ and ESB. Where the dents are and how it's painted, how the gauntlets are painted and what other greblies are attached to them mainly.

You can get an asok helmet by talking to member asok here on the boards. ;)

Yea, pretty much - of course the SE edition also refers to 'A New Hope', where Mr. Fett has been placed in the new digital Jabba the Hutt scene. But essentially - Empire lid, Return everything else. Now, take that as fairly broad - meaning there will be many who are experts on picking even small differrences between the ROTJ suit, and the SE - obviously with the SE done so many years later, there will be innaccuracies even on the same suit that could come down to something as simple as putting something on differrently, not attaching something etc... There are people better equipped to point out these subtle differrences, but there you have it my friend! As for preference, I'm an ESB guy personally, but have been looking at the ROTJ helmet recently, and while I will always prefer the ESB lid, I reckon i'd have a bunch of fun having a crack at the Jedi version. one of these days... :)

so, would i be right in saying, the ROTJ se, is ESB helmet and ROTJ everything else?

what is everyones preference? i think the ESB helmet, and ROTJ armour..... are there any differences in armour in the SE?

Not exactly....the ROTJ SE has the ESB helmet 10 ammo pouches hip pouches are different...the hoses are gone...ummmmm a few other items as well nothing big but the ammo pouches helmet are main things as well as the hip pouches , Contact the member Asok about his helmets

As for preference, I'm an ESB guy personally, but have been looking at the ROTJ helmet recently, and while I will always prefer the ESB lid, I reckon i'd have a bunch of fun having a crack at the Jedi version. one of these days... :)

Now that I would like to see! Next to your almost finished, perfect ESB Hero helmet, I think the painting of the ROTJ Hero helmet will be a challenging and tricky adventure. But I'm 100% confident that you will do an excellent job with this too.

Yea, looking at it, theres definately alot of layers upon and within layers, but with a bit of planning, its very doable. The main thing for me would be lots of colour testing with humbrols to nail down the dome and cheeks green, as it is more olive in colour to esb, and getting good shades and colour mixing for the back green and upper cheeks. It would be a fair bit down the track if I gave it a crack tho - got our wedding in april which I hafta do first before even thinking about another fett haha :)

Or you could do what I'm doing have your cake and eat it too...I went ROTJ helmet gaunts but I didnt like the clown coloured jetpack so I went ESB JP I didn't like ROTJ girth belt so I went ESB and as I also did with cape...as for outsiders opinion if someone has a problem with my preference I tell them to "fornicate" off

Or you could do what I'm doing have your cake and eat it too...I went ROTJ helmet gaunts but I didnt like the clown coloured jetpack so I went ESB JP I didn't like ROTJ girth belt so I went ESB and as I also did with cape...as for outsiders opinion if someone has a problem with my preference I tell them to "fornicate" off

ahaha! :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back