Rattle Can Fett Attempt

Terrantula

Active Hunter
Hey all,

Here is some progress shots of my rattle can attempt. Here is the chest armor prior to weathering. At some point, I think I am going to get a set of armor painted up by one of the TDH pros, but for now, I am reasonably satisfied by how these are turning out.

Was looking for comments prior to finalizing and attaching decals. Photos below:

Without Flash
DSC01533.jpg

With Flash
DSC01532.jpg

With Flash
DSC01531.jpg

Thanks,
Terrantula

Looks awesome! I don't understand why you want to buy armor painted by others when your job is excellent. What could you ask more? Just keep up the great work, you are on the right track.

Thanks man, it does feel nice knowing that i did it by myself. There are so many great painters here that i would love to have items from. It is humbling to see some of their works, lol

Terrantula

Looks awesome! I don't understand why you want to buy armor painted by others when your job is excellent. What could you ask more? Just keep up the great work, you are on the right track.

JayBox,

Started with krylon primer, then used krylon metallic aluminum, the yellow is line stripe yellow, the main green is rustoleum spruce green, I then used krylon hunt club green for some weathering. I'll take some pictures of the paint i used as soon as i am home tonight.

Terrantula

Wow. Is this ESB? :) Mate, help a fellow Fetter trying to find out what colours for ESB armour in Rattlecan! :D

Thanks for the compliment! The armor is FettPride V3. fantastic pieces!! Ill take pictures of the cans tonight. hopefully it will help others out.
Terrantula

That's a good job for a first timer!! I like it!

Can you tell us what rattlecans you used? And who made your armor?

Nice work bro.. especially 1st time.
Just need to a little weathering, small scratches and some scuffs especially on the right hand side of the ab plate... ;)

Looks fantastic, like mojo and the others said when you start to weather the pieces it will really bring it all together. Also when you put the decal on the rig chest piece it doesn't look so bare. Great first go anyways, look forward seeing some more.

Welsh

I'm gonna join the others and congratulate you on the great paintjob! The damage looks wonderful and you did the right choice with those Krylon paints. Have you already applied a clearcoat varnish to protect the armor? I'd suggest getting some spray-on anti-shine varnish to get rid of the shine, although krylon finish is already quite matte.

That's just my two cents! Looks very nice to me, carry on!

Cheers,
-Frenzy

Thanks for the compliments! Some weathering should help knock down a bit of the shine, at least that is my hope :) I need to order up some decals now..

Terrantula

Looks great mate...well done. I am in the same boat with my paint job I think mine has turned out ok and I'm pretty happy with and you should be proud of yours too.

As promised, here is the pictures of the paint that I used. I was mistakenly thought that I used Krylon. For whatever reason (paint fumes perhaps?) Krylon was stuck in my head. It was Rustoleum that I used. I took a group photo of them as well as individual photos showing the product number. Hope this might help someone out in the future.

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01535-1.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

Terrantula

When you seal I highly recommend you use Testors Dulcote. It comes in a little spray can, is expensive, and can mostly only be found at hobby shops but the finish and texture are amazing and it's an enamel so it will protect your paintjob.

Thanks, Ill look into Testors Dulcote. I used to use it for RC cars back in the day, totally forgot about it.

When you seal I highly recommend you use Testors Dulcote. It comes in a little spray can, is expensive, and can mostly only be found at hobby shops but the finish and texture are amazing and it's an enamel so it will protect your paintjob.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back