Revan Mask for the wife. To go with my WIP: Mandalore the Preserver

CyraxLionheart

New Hunter
Using the original WOL Template for Boba, I adapted it into a stackable Revan Mask template. If you like it, I may adjust and share for you all. Please excuse the cell phone pictures. There is still a lot of sanding an layering to do. Hope you like it!

IMG339.jpg

IMG340.jpg

IMG341.jpg

I have scrapped this version of the mask, using half of the dome portion from the WoL Template and adding a Outlined version from a screen cap, I have embarked on the new mask. I am about 1 sand and bondo away from priming it. I will post pics when I can.

As promised, I have taken some pictures with a base coat of primer. There are several rough spots that I am tempted to re-sand and prime; but their locations may give the mask a bit of character and seem a bit more weathered when painted. Anyways, let me know what you all think.

DSCN1733.JPGDSCN1734.JPGDSCN1735.JPGDSCN1736.JPG

definitely an improvement from your first attempt. though now that it's primered i would suggest going back over with the bondo and sandpaper to smooth things out more and sharpening details. it looks like you're on the right track!

So, I am happy for the most part with the result. I will be investing in an airbrush kit and compressor. But until then I will continue to develop as I can.

I haven't put the visor in yet, that comes tomorrow.

DSCN1738.JPG

DSCN1739.JPG

DSCN1740.JPG

DSCN1742.JPG

SidebySide.jpg

Still unhappy with the first 2 mask, I set upon the 3rd. Going for accuracy. Feedback appreciated. This is unprimed, with a little sanding to do. Sorry for the phone-camera. Will be sanding down the right indent to bring it back into symmetry, I noticed an accumulation of fiberglass I will address too!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you might want to sharpen the edges and corners of the face then hit it with a coat of primer and post up some more pictures.

3rd or so coat of primer, was still drying in this pic. 1 last round of touch ups with glazing putty to go ( Just waiting for it to dry so I can sand and prime for the last time.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Didn't like the color match on the first, so I stripped it. Here it is repainted and after applying the Satin clearcoat, I think it mellowed the red out a bit more, I am happy with the overall result.Added the backstraps and padded it with Velvet. Feels nice and comfy! Could wear it all day! Also, after the paint dried and set it was a better red. Ignore the black specs, they are a byproduct of my stupid phone's camera. (bout 2 years old at this point)

final.jpg

Sidebyside.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back