R2D2 Cooler Suggestions

I just aquired an IN-NEW-CONDITION R2D2 Pepsi Cooler from the ROTS promos. The original owner kept this thing in phenomenal shape: original box, UNUSED printed materials, etc. Some of the detail stickers are lifting from age and moisture (he's close enough to the beach to have a little exposure).

Anyhow, I know many people would keep it in its original state. I would like to enhance it, if you will, but not sure in what areas. I'm pretty confident it's larger than an actual ASTROMECH, but I think would still look impressive.

Do any of you CREATIVE TYPES have any suggestions, links to WIPs, etc.? I am posing this same situation over at the ASTROMECH BUILDERS site as well.

As always, thanks in advance for the support.

R2D2 - Just Chillin'.jpg "Ahhh Good. Fresh Aqusitions."

Jason

Maybe make the decals "pop out". Cut pieces of styrene into those shapes and glue them on. You could also detail the legs like a real astromech. You might have to scratchbuild the other details because of the size but it would look very cool. You should probably get in touch with people on astromech.net (I think that's the forum...correct e if I'm wrong) They would know all the details of droids. Good luck!

Clone Collector: Great idea. Think I'm gonna go that route. I did some measurements based on the ASTROMECH.NET specs and he is just a tad bit larger than the screen-used R2.
Mando: That might be a bit out of my range, but I'll come up with a design. LOL! It might not "shoot" out, but I think I can get it to rise up, just like Luke's saber BEFORE it was shot off the barge.

Thanks guys! When I get started I'll post a WIP.

I heard that a guy in town had one of these and having seen his huge collection of mint condition action figures and other merch, I figured it'd be perfect for a party I threw last year. He said I could borrow it. I went to pick it up, and then I had to spend hours cleaning it and gluing parts back together. It's a little bigger than his other star wars stuff and so it'd been on the porch for a few years... also, found out he grabbed it from the side of the road in front of a gas station who'd put it out with the trash. It was usable as a prop on stage behind my band for us to store our beers in as long as no one got close enough to see the cracks.

I also have one of the R2 coolers and they are great. I also thought about moding it but when I look for others on sale there seem to be alot of damaged ones out there so for now I'm saving my good cooler and i'll buy a damaged one to work on.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back