Bo Katan Bo-Katan Helmet - Pepakura

you mean this detail? if is so, I wasn't aware of it until now. but I need a more clear reference to make sure to have the right shape on my model.

dibujokjr.jpg

The more I look at screen shot references, the more unconvinced I am that there is no lip at all around the front brow. In some shots, the lip looks really defined and some it looks very subtle. And in only a few there are some that don't seem to show a relief. Has anyone actually heard from Dave F that there should be no relief lip there? I can definitely see the lip being hidden from certain angles like straight on but to have this lip evident in a shot.. I can't imagine that much back lighting glare creating a lip. Take this shot for example:

ScreenShot3.jpg

Could that really be created 100% from backlighting glare? I'm thinking that front lip depth is probably about a third or quarter of the lip depth around the rear.

And in this one (shamelessly borrowed from another thread):
6692919851_c4a5175895_b.jpg

That looks to me like a shadow along the lip from the glare off the snow. And, to me, it looks to have more depth than just that of an angle change from the face to dome. The shadow is too defined to just be a shadow from simple angle change with no lip. Unless it's dirt or weathering...??

Any thoughts?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back