Mandalore the Preserver

CyraxLionheart

New Hunter
After watching this forum and trolling it for ideas, I decided to embark on creating my very own Mandalore the Preserver outfit. I have only spotted one or two attempts here, but I havent seen any completed. I went ahead and grabbed Wizard's templates and modified them, dropping the eyepiece down a bit. I am using the technique that SD68 did for his Batting helmet bucket along with the use of the for sale by owner sign. I am getting ready to sand some more and maybe apply another later of bondo, and install the visor mounts. Please let me know what you think!

DSCN1696.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
you can edit the thread title when you "go advanced" when you edit post

Aw man! That's gonna be sweet! I remember playing KotOR2 and seeing Canderous (at least the same voice actor for him) in that armor. Good luck man!

Went out earlier and cut a 1 foot by 1 foot sheet of Gray 1/8 Plastic I bought from US Plastics.com down into the proper shape. Clamped it to the table and used my heat gun to bend the plastic. I will be heading to the store to pick up some of those Chicago screws, epoxy, and washers I been reading about. Here is what I have so far.

One thing I still need to do is to build up the center of the helmet to give it a higher arc, to get it more in line with the Mandalore the Preserver helmet seen in KOTOR 2. Any ideas or techniques that might be easier to do then layering bondo?

0.jpg

IMG342.jpg

Maybe it's just me but the jaw line of the helmet looks a bit wide. It makes the overall helmet look too circular. If you could sand or shave down that part a little thinner and more squarish it'll be a great start! see in the picture how the jaw line seems more narrow? I think this will help make the helmet you're making more accurate to the game! Good work so far though, keep it up!

Canderousmandalorefull.jpg

So, after re-evaluating the shape of his helmet in regards to the front of it, I have drafted (very crudely) some adjustments to be made. The first of coure is trimming down the center of the mask widthwise, I also need to build up the center of the dome and the flares. Chances are there will be no void space where the flares are, perhaps shaved down wood might work. Secured from the inside using screws to the helmet. then sealed with bondo and sanded. Please let me know if any of you know an easier way to do the flares and add matter to the top. Otherwise I will be relying heavily on bondo, as I have not moved into the realm of resin yet. Tangent: I will be learning that next. Anyways here is the picture of what I ha

ve planned.

HelmetAdjust.png

I am second guessing myself. I am considering scrapping everything but the most expensive part (the visor) and going with a Pepakura style Posterboard Fiberglass-Reinforced helmet. Any thoughts on this?

So, after attempting the visual on my own, I scrapped the 2nd helmet. I was able to successfully export the Model from the game and have unfolded it as a Pep file. I will be going for ful 501st approval; so I will be doing the entire armor set this way accurately. If this is a helmet that many are interested in I may try my hand at molding/casting.

Here is an image of the Pep

Mandalore Pep.png

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back