FLight Suit Fitting ?

XDentedFettX

Jr Hunter
Any ideas on the fitting ? Just got it from Bobamaker

P1090211.JPG

The pant legs seem a touch long but they will be brought up but the pinching of the fabric from belts around the waist as well as the boba-thong from the cod armor. Looks like a good fit to me.

As apolifka said, a touch long on the legs, but between the boots and spats, won't be an issue. How does it feel on you?

Get ya some blousing straps to bring up the pants legs (less than $3 at a surplus store or just a couple of thin hair scrunchies). Be glad you have a front zipper, trust me it sucks when you have to use the bathroom and your suit has a rear closure.

it fits good but i was worried that the legs where a little bit to long ... i will have to try on all the armor and take another pic it just takes a long time to suit up :(

Don't worry, before you know it, it'll only take ya 5 minutes to suit up. When I first got my ROTJ Boba, it would take about 20 minutes unless I had a helper, now I can do it in about 5. I just wear the jumpsuit to where I'm going and put the rest on at the location.

^ Be thankful you have a zipper at all! :p I had no zipper, nadda when I wore it out in my local Geeky night out, that was for 2 hours. Then Comic-Con... That was 4 hours of awesomeness, because I was sweating so much and so busy with my photo getting taken every 2 seconds that I didn't even think about it :p

Looking at your suit, I can clearly see that the flight suit is a bit too big for you, especially at the arms and legs. The vest is big and long too, this is why you lowered the armor (which doesn't look too accurate: is too flat and wide - who is the maker?). The ideal placement of the chest/abdominal plates is closer to the collar, but I think your collar plate isn't permanently fixed in the image, this is why it stays higher on your shoulders.

My advice is this: if you bought the flight suit/vest from bobamaker, but you (or him) had give the wrong measurements, you could contact him for a resize on both cloth parts, then (if you succeed) you can try a new armor test fit.

I hope I didn't sound too harsh.

Yea ill deff have to get a new vest i can see that and the armor is supposed to sit higher.
any input is appreciated im trying to get this right not wrong. Any vest makers that
live in the U.S that you know of ?

So i will scrap the vest and i guess get a new one.
Were you saying my armor is to flat ?
Its all metal so if thats the case i will bend it more?

Last edited by a moderator:
I correct myself: the armor is too short. This image is a comparison between an original armor vs. your armor. The big difference is the lenght of the chest plates and the mishaped, small abdominal plate:

Armor Diff.jpg

This stinks i put alot of work into that armor now i gotta start over.
You wouldn't by chance have the measurements of the armor would you ?

This stinks i put alot of work into that armor now i gotta start over.
You wouldn't by chance have the measurements of the armor would you ?

Sorry for the late reply, but I had some problems responding on the forums.

Here are some measurements of one of the original armor (these are approximated values and might need some confirmation):

Right Chest Measurements.jpg Left Chest Measurements.jpg Abdominal & Diamond Measurements.jpg

If you want to convert the metric to imperial values then search Google for 'mm to inch'.

There are Wizard of Flight templates for the chest armor that are proportionally very nice as well. Look in the chest armor subsection

The armor measurements I did is for the already curved plates, so you must count for extra material when you cut the armor parts. Use WOF's templates as a base (I think the large armor is the 1:1 scale) then compare your armor to the original one when you heat-bend the parts.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back