Sidearm Reference photos & colours?

JayBox325

Hunter
Hi guys,

Just in the process of ordering my Stormrider sidearm & Fettpride holster :) Just wondering what colours I will need to paint the sidearm and what battle damage is done to it etc? I'm based in the UK and will most likely be wanting to use rattlecans. ;) Some reference photos of sidearms that you know are accurate etc would be awesome. Cheers.

There are no full images with the sidearm, this is why the coloring and weathering is a guess work. Because the Gallery is down for the moment, I will post two images with the best views of the sidearm:

ESB Sidearm 01.jpg ESB Sidearm 02.jpg

For further weathering just do a search for ESB sidearm.

A few people (me included) have used brown/ red colored primer. Rustoleum makes a primer this color... don't know if Rustoleum is available in the UK. But I would think any primer of that color would work.

I used the brown/red primer as well, and it seemed to do the trick. the only thing i see with mine is the absence of the gloss that appears in the picture posted above. mine is more of a flat color.

Ahh oh. The only rustoleum I have been able to get my hands on is the Satin Claret Wine that I used for my mandibles. Will that do? I thought it was lighter than that.

hmm..I would like to amend my previous statement.. the stuff i used was actually Rustoleum rusty metal primer. more brown than red. at first it seemed kind of wrong but the more i look at it the better it looks.. its still that flat type of spray paint.. and i was also spraying it onto primer on a real pulce 40. i think the original looks a bit more brown anyways. also this took a lot longer to dry completely.. it was a bit tacky for a few days, but now its nice..
take a look: (WIP)
DSCF2374.jpg

^ Thanks Boba Mike! Being in the UK I can't get hold of Rustoleum or Krylon over here (not cheap anyway), but Tamiya is a very easy brand to get hold of! Thanks for everyone's input!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back