New ROTJ Bucket - Maker comes forward with new pics...

I'm speechless. You guys really set the standard for quality!
This helmet looks incredibly good!

Hats off to you guys!
-Mikael

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GOOD GOD!!!! That is really really sexy!! In the words of Jay from Jay and Silent Bob strike back " I think I just filled the cup."

The New ROTJ Bucket - The "Maker" comes forward ....

Well, as many of you have probably guessed by now, I’m the man behind the curtain ;) Now, I know this was a bit out of character for me, but there were legitimate reasons. First and foremost, I’ve been up to my neck in soo many projects that I didn’t want to leave the board hanging when out of touch, as communication has been and on-going struggle over the past months. So my apologies for the cloak and dagger.

Much of the credit for this project goes to Well Paid Killer. He was never thrilled with the ROTJ SE look of my display. NO offense to you SE guys, as I was an SE freak myself, but he convinced me to go with a more traditional screen used appearance. This couldn’t be achieved with the ESB Helmet I had of course. Needless to say, without his near incessant motivation, persistence, constructive input, as well as taking on the daunting task of presenting it to the boards and keeping communication alive, this project would have never gotten off it's feet. Thanks bud, it actually helped me stay focused on the finish line!

Thanks also go to Brak's Buddy, and Tylerdurden for their contributions. Their sharp eyes and constructive criticism during the developmental phases were invaluable. Between the four of us, I think "We've hit it pretty close to the mark with this one".

The Helmet …

As most of you are aware a lot of time and research went into this project. Our soul purpose was to capture the look and feel of a real screen used helmet. Although the MSH, MSH2, MH, and MH variations, are most certainly excellent helmets, there are many characteristics that make this helmet more specific to the Episode VI genre. Although I cannot go into detail, during the developmental stages, I was afforded a unique opportunity that has greatly benefited this project. This was one of the MOST exciting aspects (for me anyway) in it’s build up.

A big thanks to the board ! In my absence, you’re enthusiasm has been a great motivator as well. It truly does not go unappreciated. If you do have any questions, please refer them to Well Paid Killer, as I’m still knee deep in other obligations at this time.

For higher resolution pics of the paintup, feel free to drop by my website. Just click the banner below.

FP

A fantastic job!!! I want one too! For all of us who have beenlooking for a good helmet, and are tired of the small Don Posts, please make them available as a kit! :) Once again great work!

Ahhhh....it all makes sense now. Well Paid Killer didn't want to see a beloved ESB helmet tainted by being placed on a ROTJ body, therefore he urged Fettpride to construct this outstanding ROTJ helmet. ;)

hansoloway wrote:

Ahhhh....it all makes sense now. Well Paid Killer didn't want to see a beloved ESB helmet tainted by being placed on a ROTJ body, therefore he urged Fettpride to construct this outstanding ROTJ helmet. ;)

Ha ha ha... ;)

OMG
fettpride you pick your name very well
is amazing all the fantastic work and your dedication, i dont understand why the brands who are licenced by lucas don't do the same, they have access to more reference material and they only make crap.

Fettpride you deserve the best ... great work

<|-(y)
_|_

secol_Fett - Thanks a lot man... truly kind words from a hell of nice guy ;)

On a side note, there have been quite a few that have asked to see what it looks like on a full suit ... well, it just so happens that I already started the process of updating my display between this and that .. below is a teaser pic that I snapped to give you an idea. The display has been completely updated ... new mannequin, new stand, cape, and some repaints. I will post some 'REAL" shots of the display as soon as I pick up my new camera. It's a gripe to take pics of a 6ft display at such a distance to get the whole thing in the picture, just to lose the detail ... so without further babble .. here she is ...

fullbodyrotj.jpg

Doesn't get any better than that. Did you make the mannequin too FP??? the suit seems to fit perfecly, and such a tiny base too!!! Well done indeed!!(y)
Damian

Just when I think it can't possibly get any better... well...it does. Hats off to you FP you never fail to amaze.
Cheers,
ST

Fantastic job!!!
I can only hope when I finish my Fett it will look that good!
Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Geo

Thanks a million guys :eek: I really do appreciate it !

Jango's kid - Actually, I didn't make the manny, but I did mod it a little. I used the articulated rifle arm from the manny I did make in my previous version. But otherwise pretty plain jayne. In my opinion, it's got a good look for a MoM/AOSW exhibit feel. Here was the raw manny ...

male1_326x435.jpg

There have been alot of questions regarding the stand. Here is a quick pic of it. It was taken when I was experimenting, so pay it no attention. Boots are different now. I tried for the exhibit look when I had this made ... it looks kinda small but it's just right for the balance. If anyone wants one of these made .. they're CHEAP and OBSCENELY STRONG !

stand.jpg

The suit fits nicely. It's tucked and pulled here and there tho for display purposes. I'm nearly twice as big as the manny, so it was necessary :eek:

There are other questions that I've been hit with, and I will get to the rest tomorrow or so when I have more pics to post.

Thanks again everyone !

FP

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back