My jango in the works finally

wthrgssr75

Jr Hunter
Pics to come after the 1st. I picked up the vinyl for the vest, material for the flight suit, patterns. My helmet is ordered as well as my westar 34's with belt. The armor will be 2024T3 aluminum secured via snaps and countersunk rivets.

The sheet metal work will be the fun-easy part (only did that for 12 years in the Navy), not looking forward to the sewing part though.

Sorry I haven't posted on this in a few days. The flight suit started off as a roll of material last week and the armor was a single sheet of aluminum. The belts are on loan from my boba kit. Next on the list is new quick draw holster rig, gauntlets, cod piece, and back plate. I'll use the ROTJ Boba jet pack (kamino version) until I build a new arena pack.
IMG_20120105_142340.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The helmet came in this afternoon, lots of work in store to get it troopable. It needs to be extended and to have padding added. Heck I may just pull the hard hat support out of my old hard hat.

Congrats on a very QUICK start! Everyone here on TDH has been, and will always be, a big support in your build.....when you need 'em. Keep those pics coming, and WELCOME!!

Thanks, I appreciate all the help and constructive critisism I can get. I still need to clean up the edges on the metal. Also thinking bout using a plastic cod piece, after all I don't want to become a supervillian "nuderedman".

I took the measurements on my new bucket, needless to say I just paid $55 for a halloween prop for my oldest son. I started building an all metal helmet with some of the aluminum left over from my armor. Need one more sheet at least so I can build my back armor. I'm also going to try and find an aluminum hardhat to use as the dome. I'll use countersunk rivets to hold the dome to the body of the helmet and JB weld an aluminum strip over the rivets which will also double as the rim. As always, I'm open to ideas. Here's a pic of the bucket WIP.
IMG_20120107_140811.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back