Asok's CC finally painted

slartibartfast

New Hunter
Great helmet Asok! Finally got around to painting this mother. I tried layering, but the coats wouldn't stick to the silver base coat, so I ended up painting this one by hand using the stencils (loosely as I got lazy) here by Count Dookie as a guide. For my second helmet, I will not bother with the silver base coat as Asok has made the cast in an aluminum finish that is as good or better than any silver paint.
Tedious stuff but great resources here and again, another shout out to Asok's for an awesome helmet.
I would love some critique (keep in mind it is my first helmet).
Cheers!

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

e.jpg

Very nice! :eek: This is why I don't paint helmets! You guys do such a better job!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah it is tuff to get paint t stickto the cold cast when doing the layered method. Word of advise for your next attempt is to mask out your silver layer in this case the CC and then apply a coat of primer to it. From that point on you should have no issues with paint not sticking.

I believe your thinking of the ROTJ style helmet with the blue/green-ish cheeks. Black is correct for a ESB helmet, which this is.
Great paint up by the way :)

Welsh

Ya it is a little darker than I planned it is a blue green but to dark plus pictures never do colors justice any advice on a fix.
Iowafett

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back