WIP: ESB Jet Pack

grungie 42

Active Hunter
Hey TDH!

I wanted to share my Progress on My MoW Jet-Pack Kit. For those who can remember, I recieved my pack a couple of weeks ago, and it was broken in transit:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/jet-pack-broken-transit-43638/

I've since repaired the damage, and today I finished putting all the pieces together and have given it a layer of grey primer!

I went down to the local hardware store and grabbed the PVC Pipe and joiners and put together the Pipe structure for the inside of the pack (So the thrusters will "move") I used the Blue PVC Cement to stick it together.

photo-25.jpg

When I tried to put the Pipe in the Jet Pack it wouldn't fit, so I had to Dremel the back opening, so I could get the pieces inside (This had to be done anyway)

photo-26.jpg

Once I had the Thruster In place, I glued the Top things on!

photo-27.jpg

Then glued the bottom half of the "rocket"

photo-28.jpg

And I have just "placed" the very top of the rocket in the joint, as I want to upgrade to the Metal Greeblie eventually.

photo-29.jpg

I then started on the primmer!

photo-30.jpg

And this is the finished primed jet pack! The paint had beaded a little, so I'll need to sand it back some more when it's dry enough, but I'm really happy with my progress so far! Next week, the Blaster! Please any thoughts or comments welcome!

photo-31.jpg

This is a great build so far! But...
Before you do anything else, push the thrusters further into the main body by shortening the center pipe. If this is just a preliminary fit, then ignore what I said.

Trusters2.jpg

looks great mate...on hols soon so be getting stuck into my jetpack

sweet dude, get stuck in! only advice I can give is when your making the pvc pipe structure, make sure it's not sticking as far out as mine, I'm gonna have to cut it in the middle, shorten it, then re-join it, should be fun!

you did a awsome job fixing that broken mess. keep up the good work

thanks mate, a friend of mine here in melbourne helped me with the right glue (Thick super glue) and accelerator (So that once I had glued it in place, the accelerator made it dry super fast, and it become like a bog, so you can sand it back into shape ;)

sweet dude, get stuck in! only advice I can give is when your making the pvc pipe structure, make sure it's not sticking as far out as mine, I'm gonna have to cut it in the middle, shorten it, then re-join it, should be fun!
Have a guy here in our garrison who made his Jango a little while back he has a MOW jetpack too and I had a look how he did his not as elaborate as all the pipes but I think it works well. Will photo it up once I get to that stage.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back