My first try at some Fett armor

M

Master Luke 29

New to this, here's my first try at making Fett armor with sintra:

armor1.jpg

armor2.jpg

armor3.jpg

Not totally pleased with the knee pieces, one turned out fine but the other one is a little lumpy. I'll have to do some sanding or something to correct this.
armor4.jpg

armor5.jpg

I also burned my foot with the boiling water used to mold the armor, which hurt a lot. I thought about taking a picture of the burn, but nobody wants to see that.

Any suggestions about the armor? I still need to knick it up and paint it. I figure with a drill and a dremel, I can weather the armor well enough.

Looks great!
Can't wait to see it painted!
Are you going to add any dents into it or leave it smooth?

Yum, feedback. Thanks (y)

I'm gonna add the holes, slits, and cuts/nicks with my tools, probably mostly with my dremel. Not completely sure how I'm gonna do it, but I got tons of reference pics so I'll figure something out.

Any suggestions on painting? I.E. what kind of paints look best (I guess I'm going for ROTJ Fett at this point).

Thanks again guys.

Hey hey!! Congratz!! Just started on mine as well a few days ago. Spent almost 6 hours doing three different center peices just to get my skills going and experimenting a bit. Hopefully next month i'll have all of the chest peices done to my satisfaction!

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back