Helmet Help!

JangoAirsoft

New Hunter
I play airsoft on a team but i also love star wars, so i thought the best thing to do would be combine the two. I decided to make a Jango Fett Costume (he's my favorite character) and use that instead of a regular Tactical Vest,Face mask, etc. The problem is, I cant find a helmet templet! I need to be able to switch out the T that you would look through from tinted to non-tinded (for night time games) it cant fog, and it has to be wearable not display. So, metal not clay or plaster, although, pvc probaly would work as well. Also, one more thing. What material do you recommend i use for a first time armor-maker?
Thanks, this is greatly apreciated,
JangoAirsoft

I too am an avid airsoft player. You would have to make a plastic helmet and set of armor. The plastic will become dented/pitted when your shot. A metal helmet would become cumbersome and uncomfortable. You will also need to either have the visor set slightly back and have mesh under the key slots to allow airflow and take away the fogging.

Also, remember that your visibility and hearing will be hindered and you will not be able to effectively go prone.

So, do you think melting PVC piping would work? I suppose your right with the helmet, plus it would be extremely hard to curve metal like that, and the sound when you get hit would be deafening, though i will still try to make a design, and if i suceed i will let you know.

Know, for the armor do you think a finish would protect it anymore than none? Also, i would think PVC would almost chip away where as metal it would more "deflected". what do you think?
Thanks again, a huge help

If you were to go with metal for your helm and body armour, be body amour would be fine. But with a metal helm as you said and TxFett said, it would be defiantly effect your mobility and be deafening when you get hit.

So the only way i can think you can avoid your helm sounding like a gong i would simply put a lot of padding inside it. Literally nearly the whole thing to absorb the shock.

But I'm a noob, but thats what i think would work.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back