Jet-Pack Broken in Transit ;(

grungie 42

Active Hunter
Hey TDH,

I was super excited this afternoon when my Jet-Pack from MoW arrived at my place, only to find it had been badly damaged in transit, I've contacted MoW, but not sure how much he'll be able to help, so I thought I'd start a thread just in case he can't replace it for me, so when I tackle the big job of fixing it, you guys can offer some advice on how to proceed.

all6new.jpg

As you can see the whole bottom of the pack has come off, and there is a big crack going all the way up the pack.

I'll wait to hear back from MoW before I touch it, just in case he can offer me a replacement, but if not, your advice will no doubt be invaluable!

You can see more detailed pics at my photobucket account: www.photobucket.com/grungie_42

I would also like to mention that the pack was very, very well packed, and it must have been handled very roughly by the post for it to break, so no fault on MoW's part, he packed it really well, it's just one of those things. ;)

Dave.

You can definitly repair that but it kind of sux for your new toy to not be perfect.

It would just take time to piece everything back together and fill the seam lines and sand..............and basically do a lot of extra work. But it could be done.

a lot of CA glue, body filler, sanding, and love. lots and lots of love.

Dave that is totally fixable for sure. If you have to tackle the repair there are a list of guys here as long as your arm who can walk you through it.

Thanks Woody, yeah I'm sure it's fixable, it's just the initial shock of having a brand new item arrive damaged. But as you said, there will be plenty of help on offer if I have to fix it. ;)

Dave that is totally fixable for sure. If you have to tackle the repair there are a list of guys here as long as your arm who can walk you through it.

Fiberglass it too, that should really strengthen up that broken corner...then the finish work with bondo or whatever of your choosing ;)

Was just about to say that!

I would use a super glue (or similar) to get the bottom sitting right. Then I would glass/ matt it from the inside. The seam and any other imperfection can be filled with Bondo or Bondo spot filler depending on size. Using different grade sandpaper/ sanding sponges should help smooth out the seam.

I don't think that yopu should have to fix it.
It was damaged in transit, not by you.
Contact MOW and he should take care of ypou.
I certainly would.

It all depends on what you want. Insurance is slow to process, and in the end will be money, not a jetpack.

The time for the claim to be processed, a check cut, a new pack made and shipped... it might not be worth it to you. I'd imagine you could have it fixed up good as new in an afternoon, vs. possibly weeks of fuss with the postal carrier.

I've heard back from MoW and he didn't mention any compensation, just some advice on how to fix it. I guess it's not worth chasing it up and spending all that energy, which could be spent building my fett. Thanks or all your advice guys, I'll be sure to post some pics of my repair work soon!

I know it sucks that the pack came like that but it will be a good excersize learning how to repair these props. Anything can happen when wearing them and you will have to fix it yourself afterwards anyway. It can be made to look good as new in an afternoon like stormtrooperguy said.

Shame to see the damage mate.
Good luck on the repairs.

Thanks dude!

I know it sucks that the pack came like that but it will be a good excersize learning how to repair these props. Anything can happen when wearing them and you will have to fix it yourself afterwards anyway. It can be made to look good as new in an afternoon like stormtrooperguy said.

**** Strait! my TK has needed a few fixes in it's time, so I'm sure my Boba will no doubt get knocked about too. ;)

Hey Guys, I've fixed my Jet-pack the best I can, I think it's looking good. I used Thick grade super glue to stick it back together, then applied an accelerator to bond it strong and fast! then I sanded it back.

Now I just ned to know how to put the rest of the Jet-Pack together. The initial Thread on MoW's Jet-Pack's said that when you purchase the Jet-Pack you get access to an online photo tutorial on how to put it together, but I never got anything like hat in my parcel. How do I put together the thrusters and where do all the little bits go? I checked out the gallery, so I know how it's kind of suppose to look, but how to actually put it together is evading me at the point, any help would be very well appreciated.

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-8.jpg

This last photo is me just placing the caps on and putting the rocket in place, but I haven't glued them yet, as I want to do the Thruster's first.

photo-9.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back