SE Boba Hoses (can we please get consensus on this?)

Bill

Jr Hunter
Guys, I've submitted my pics for 501st approval and a common point is coming up, that of gauntlet hoses.

Can we get some agreement on what gauntlet hoses were actually worn by the actor during SE?

Personally, I don't think the promotional shots count, because they are the only place I have seen a hose coming from the left gauntlet missile.

Here is what I am using as a reference:

This pic clearly shows the actor is mistakenly wearing the right gauntlet on his left arm, as the left gauntlet (with the missile) is being held by the other person in the photo (probably telling the actor he has them on the wrong way ;)).

Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-RotJ-01.jpg

This pic shows the actor with both gauntlets on and only one hose on the right gauntlet.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-RotJ-02.jpg

So, what I'm asking is: does anybody have any other photo out there that shows an ON SET or SCREEN USED Boba outfit from the Special Editions that has anything different?

Remember, I'm not asking for opinions or "I have seen a pic that showed such and such" but photos or evidence.

Cheers,

Bill

All the promo pics show a hose coming off the missile and people keep mentioning it. I submitted my SE for approval and it came up again, that's why I asked.

Never mind, I just found out I got approved anyhow. (y)

WELL IMHO the "approval" doesnt mean its RIGHT....alot of people have "approved" costumes that are far from right. A minor thing such as a hose isnt as bad as a bad paintjob...and theyre out there. So for what its worth on screen there was no hose on the left gaunt

WELL IMHO the "approval" doesnt mean its RIGHT....alot of people have "approved" costumes that are far from right. A minor thing such as a hose isnt as bad as a bad paintjob...and theyre out there. So for what its worth on screen there was no hose on the left gaunt

You are right! If they approve not too good paint jobs, they sould also approve a suit with a missing hose or something...

I don't think that suit counts, because it's the stunt suit with one of the stunt helmets (painted ESB style).

Its a screen shot, it counts more than photos of behind the scenes and promotional

But this is not a Hero suit and the question was about the ROTJ SE hoses (wich means different time period), this is why I said it doesn't count. Because someone goof up something it's not correct to call it screen accurate: as the famous knee pads in the ESB or the missing camera lens in the HIC boarding scene, the inverted shoulder bells in ANH SE, the stunt suit and the ESB style stunt helmets in ROTJ or the use of the damaged stunt jetpack in the ROTJ SE and many more... I know these are called 'screen accurate' because of the appearance in the movies, but then where are the limits? The idea is that there is a template and that template IS the Hero suit (ESB or ROTJ), the others are just innacurate and goofed variations of these suits.

I wouldn't like to start an argument so to answer the first question, the ROTJ SE (which alot of people like me use because we want the ROTJ suit with an ESB helmet) has one hose on the right gauntlet, no hoses on the left. I don't think anybody disagrees with that do they?

You know what? I can't see them in any of the other ROTJ SE pics either. It also looks like his knees were flexible rubber or something.

They were definitely there in ANH SE though, along with the reversed shoulder bells.

I have to stop looking at these pics. :wacko

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back