About to start a Holiday Special helmet. Need suggestions.

PropReplicator

Active Hunter
I'm about to turn my '95 DP into a Holiday Special/Droids version, and I need some suggestions, please.

First off, I'm a touch colorblind, and would like opinions on the color scheme for the THS Fett.

Second, I'm debating on whether or not to drastically slim down the visor area to make it look like the 'toon version or keep it the tradtional width.

Any help would be great!

thanks,
Wayne

I say keep its normal shape, keep in mind those cartoons are not exactly realistic. Just look at that ugly vader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Wayne,

I think I'd make the helmet look like the THS one for sure. That is, I'd trim (or "de-flare") the mandibles to go inwards! I mean, it would look strange, but would look more like a THS helmet.
If you keep it traditional, it'll just look like another custom in my opinion. Know what I mean?

Hope I helped?! ;)
Bartek

PropReplicator wrote:

Second, I'm debating on whether or not to drastically slim down the visor area to make it look like the 'toon version or keep it the tradtional width.

Seems pretty easy, unless you're looking to resculpt a helmet. Two shades of light blue and no weathering!

11.jpg

E2K13 wrote:

Don't forget to move the dent over and do the lines between the arrows! LOL
Yep, that's on my list. :D

I'll get my wife to help with the colors. She's used to doing that for me, anyway. The Chronicles has some good clean screencaps to judge colors by. And I think the people at Lowe's and Wal-mart have gotten used to my bringing that in with me and heading straight for the paint sections. :lol:

Thanks, guys!
Wayne

E2K13 wrote:

You know, from the look of it, the Rubies helmet would be a great shape for the bucket!
Well, only in this screencap.:lol: That's the problem with replicating animated items. Things change from frame to frame.:lol:

Wayne

Yea, they certainly do but I must admit we need to do something with the ole ugly Rubies Helm other then throw it in the circular file! LOL

Wayne, I personally would do it the "toon" version.
It would just be another custom if it wasn't.
I can't wait to see some progress.

Lynn

Lynn TXP 0369 wrote:

Wayne, I personally would do it the "toon" version.
It would just be another custom if it wasn't.
I can't wait to see some progress.

Lynn
That's my goal. :) I've just got to figure out which frame I'm going to replicate. :lol:

Wayne

To to hijack, but I'm also looking to make another costume using my old DP97. I was thinking of a Holiday Special version or a Death Watch from open seasons, but I'm not too sure what to do. Any suggestions (other than ROTJ, Prepro, albino, etc)?

Jango_Fett_Jr wrote:

To to hijack, but I'm also looking to make another costume using my old DP97. I was thinking of a Holiday Special version or a Death Watch from open seasons, but I'm not too sure what to do. Any suggestions (other than ROTJ, Prepro, albino, etc)?
Well, I'm also going to do a Kenner figure version, if I can snag another '95 really cheap. (My king-sized noggin doesn't fit in a '97.)

Wayne

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back