Jedi Costumes - WIP

Daktari

New Hunter
Hey Guys
I exposed my children to Star Wars, and they really dug it, so I burned the midnight oil before Halloween to get 2 kids Jedi Costumes for Oct 31st.

Since I new it was going to be cold here in Germany on the 31st, I made the Robes first. Not only did they keep the kids warm, but they hid all the stuff we should have been wearing as well as my sewing sins.

I found some really neat material... its 140 year old hand woven HEAVY linen. The kind of stuff they made dry goods sacks out of in the 1800s. It looks great (IMHO) the only downside is that it was made on very narrow hand looms. That caused me to sew a few "panel" together to have it wide enough for a Jedi Robe.

I got to finish some seams, and attach the hood... should be all done by this PM. I am tempted to leave it the natural color, ala Yoda's Robe, but will probably dye it Brown as the darker color will be more recognizable as "Jedi" AND cover some of my sewing sins.
Here is my daughters robe "almost" completed... the sewing part anyway.
Heather-Wan-Robe-04.jpg

I got the hood on, and though I really liked the natural linen look, I thought it would be more Jedi if it was brown (my inspiration for the natural look was Yoda's Robe)

Here is Heather-Wan
Heather-Wan-10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Next came my little dude... He really loves Bounty Hunters and Storm Troopers, but that wasn't in the cards for a quick costume, so he was a Jedi as well..

Finished up My son's Robe...
He is just big enough (small enough really) at 6 to get away with a Wool Blanket Jedi Robe. It was much easier to make/work with than the heavy linen I used on his sisters robe.

Hugh-Wan-3.jpg

It was a mad dash to get their costumes together for Halloween... but got them dressed and out there.

My daughters is/was about 90% complete, and my son's was about 70%.

Here they are!
Jedi-5.jpg

My son's saber didn't come in time... and they need better pants. But they got LOTS of compliments and had a blast, which was the point!

Great job on both costumes!
Sorry to hear about the boy's Saber but I bet when he looks back he will have nothing but godd memories... especially after the work you've done.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back