WIP: Jimmys accurate ESB Build (pict heavy)

JimmyC

Active Hunter
So, iv been working on this "accurate" ESB build for about a year now, and i figured its about time to start showing what i have done so far, and maybe get some advice, tips and tricks and things to avoid. I have been on the GMH waiting list for a while now and i'm just about to order all the armor parts from fett pride too. also on order is the screen accurate harness from Bobby Fett UK, and the accurate gloves from Galactic Bounty Hunter‎ (although its been almost a year now and i haven't heard anything from him)... but as of right now all of the soft parts are here with the exception of my ankle ties and balaclava.. i know i also need the brades.. as for the metal parts i need a few odds and ends like the beacon and parts of the gauntlets and other parts for the jet pack... no lights yet and Im still hunting for a real Webley. the parts for the helmet though...(not pictured) is going very well several found items. I'll get to that at a later time.

one more thing i should add before getting to the pictures.. i know it still needs weathering. I'm waiting for the armor to be sent off for painting before i start that. :)

let me know what you all think so far.. again.. any tips, tricks.. or even things I'm doing wrong.. speak now.. in not an expert on this stuff and your advice is greatly appreciated...

I'll update soon with all the part makers and or people i bought them from.. thanks again!

-Jimmy

DSCF2385.jpg

DSCF2384.jpg

DSCF2378.jpg

DSCF2380.jpg

DSCF2374.jpg

DSCF2376.jpg

Something i should add right now.. The Pulce 40 i picked up was real, the weird thing about it though, was it didn't have the safety "nook" on it.. and it was a bit thinner in that area.. so i have concluded that its probably the wrong version of pulce 40 possibly an older or newer model than the one used in the movie. so i bondoed the area that i though looked a bit off and cut the nook using a ton of reference shots.. it looks right to me.. there was a little slip of the dremel but its ok. i was going to fix it but then i decided that the prop makers probably wouldn't have, so im not going to either.. you have to really look for it in person, other than that its exactly the same.

DSCF1941.jpg

Looking good! You're probably going to want to shorten that vest just a wee bit once you get the armor and can see the placement. I want to say mine sits just about at the bottom of my rib cage. It's higher than you would think it should be.

Keep it up!

hey guys so a bit of an update! i'm still waiting on my armor but i got a bunch of goodies i finally got around to taking pictures... Remember im trying to stay as screen accurate as possible.

about as good as im going to find for one of these i think:
IMG_1240.jpg

same with this:
IMG_1237.jpg

Just a metal casting of one but boy, oh boy it looks good!

props (pun intended) to Mojo!
IMG_1232.jpg

and of course Darkside:
IMG_1236.jpg

photo-4.jpg

and fettronics:
IMG_1235.jpg

and now.. for my found items:
IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

oh and i was able to find a trade for this bad boy, i should have my FG one soon.. hopefully!
IMG_1194.jpg

Does anyone know a good source for an accurate chip and LEDs for the RF lights that goes into the bucket?

thanks guys i feel like this project is finally moving forward!

-Jimmy

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back