Is this a GENUINE Sgt Fang?

Can anyone tell me if this looks to be a real SGT FANG or a recast or not genuine at all? Thanks!

2-sgt-fang-boba-helmets-1-modd-jango-dscf1126.jpg2-sgt-fang-boba-helmets-1-modd-jango-dscf1128.jpg

It looks like it to me. I am not an expert but I do have a Sgt Fang sitting in my closet. But it was already painted when I got it, the key slots look like his though.

They are a slush cast resin. If it hit me at the right time I would say it would be worth it for under a hundred.

it certainly looks legit. the seam line on the back just took me back to my first helmet.

Yeah, definitely a Sarge bucket. I've owned/worked on 2 of them and the seam on the back is a giveaway.
Good price for one of these, too.

I know these require some work to fix the back gash, etc. But are they a complete pain to work with, or is it just minor cosmetics? From what I can see in the photos, this cast looks pretty clean.

On mine, it took me a Saturday afternoon to do the filler and sanding, and another evening to cut the key slots and visor. Not labor intensive at all. I do wish I'd taken the time to reinforce the inside with fiberglass. The resin used on the SgtFang + the age of the helmet just seems slightly brittle compared to say, Asok's cold cast resin bucket, which seems bulletproof by comparison.

Anyway, you can't beat that price, and it's a great bucket to experiment on, adding more scratches/cuts to the surface before painting.

If you want to make it a lot more accurate, it'll take one full week of work. If you just want to clean the seam line and cut the keyholes/visor, in a few hours it should be done.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back