lets see your Zam Wesell costume!!!

I've also put the pics on my own site: www.starwarscostumes.tk, here are some nice ones:
nwzam5.jpg

nwzam3.jpg

Thanks, and no I didn't dye my own suit. The main fabric I ordered with zamIam and a bunch of others and the leather is just real leather painted with special leather paint, you can buy all sorts of colors here in Holland.

Oh man I can't believe it. 2 1/2 years and we're finally getting close :) :) :)

We debuted it at the St. paddy's day parade yesterday in Denver. We even got some air time on T.V. :)

Anyway, a couple quick pics we snapped while getting ready for the parade:

costumezam12sm1zx.jpg

costumezam13sm7kv.jpg

costumezam01sm1sy.jpg

It still needs a few things before C3:

* Take in the pant legs
* Get / make new accurate gauntlets and hand guards
* Finish the blaster
* Dye the boots
* Other little stuff

Awesome! Wow, Impressed!!! I'll be the pregger one at C3 LOL...We all seem to have the upper cuff prob LOL. I guess someone's gonna have to start scrutinizing the MOM pics...for the cuff. Pssst.... I see that jango blaster!!! ;)

Looking great Moncal. I can't wait to see it at CIII. My wife's outfit is not quite to that stage yet, but I'm gettin there. I just got the gauntlets in silicone this weekend, and the handplates are done.

THanks all! :)

Judz, that's good news ;) I just slapped those gauntlets together to get us through the weekend. Not something I want to continue to use.

Yvonne, thanks. I hope you're doing o.k. Yeah, the jango pistol is there but you know it is accurate. She carried his blaster when she walked up to him. He must've let her borrow it cause he thought his was better :) hehe

More likely he left it laying around... ;) Kinda like the remote in our house! :D

Awesome MonCal! Just awesome! Can't wait to see it in person! :D

Nice work! :)

I was hoping to have my Zam finished but CIII but I've run into a few snags. :facepalm Between year end and work and having to invest even more money to fix my failing car, it's not going to happen. No time, no money. Bah.

Ah well, maybe by D*Con.

My Zam has taken to the back burner due to lack of money. Maybe someday I will get a chance to push it along some more.

And yes I am still lurk here.

It was totally awesome to see in person! Truly amazing to see in person! And the gauntlets looked pretty good Cal! Even if they were just slapped together1;)
Keep it up Cal!:zam

Thanks Matt :)

It really is appreciated! I was paranoid that something was going to break or fall off during the parade. It was a little stressful debuting it on a strut through the streets of downtown Denver (actually a light sprint for a while). I kept glancing over at her to make sure she was still all together. It did shift a little as can be seen in the pics but normally she won't be putting it through all that.
:)

My mom also said she wanted to stop her and take her picture when she saw us! So definitely a good job! I'm just happy her toe guards didn't fall off!;)

MonCal,

Nice work indeed! Everything is spot-on!

I got a crash course in Zam when I had to do the Disney costume in a matter of weeks, so I have a lot of respect for anyone who can pull the whole thing together like that.

My only advice would be don't be afraid to weather the heck out of it. That was the last step I took with the WDW Zam and it really brought it to life. I used several colors of purple spray paint to muddle-up the body suit, vest, shoes, gloves and flat black worked into the crevases of the armor elements.

Mark

Moncal~
I am glad that the leather straps and greebs/lower armor work perfectly with her. With custom stuff, it's hard to make sure that leg widths and such with leather and other articles are an exact match when everyone has a different body proportion. I am glad she was close to my prior size so that everything was a perfect fit :) You really have a great color scheme going too. It's hard to match paints when everything is so varied, yet you have to get the *right* grade of hue together so that one piece of the suit doesn't overpower the other, and it dries to the right color. I think that is the toughest when doing stuff last minute. Not enough "testing" time. Ya know? ;) But yeah, I think all of us need to step through some climate machine to get the right weathered look :p .

MB~ I was really impressed at your less than what- 6 month Zam assembly? Dude, fast, inexpensive and great looking seldom come together in one package. Especially since you were working on like several other costumes at the same time (so even less time?). (y)

Zam I Am

She is a little short but it still works o.k. I scaled everything full size... upper and lower armor, holster, everything... so they do hang a little low. That picture wasn't good timing because she just finished about 4 hours on the streets of Denver and it moved around including the harness letting the armor down a little.... first time in action ;)

It is actually weathered pretty well. The only thing that isn't is the bodysuit and well.. that's really not necessary. All of the leather dyes including on the vest, cummerbund, gloves, boots naturally took a weathered look while applying because with the airbrush, it is really easy to apply it unevenly.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back