Boba Jake v1.0

Here is an image which I hope will help you to judge the left ear's base green:

ESB Green Differences.jpg

Looks great man! I agree with Raf on the ear, but hey, at least the ear is a relatively easy repaint if you decide to do so :) I don't know what you are using for paint, but I've found that Model Masters Depot Olive is pretty darn close. Keep it up bro!

Yeah, I'll just toothpaste up the damage I already have on there and repaint it; should be easy enough. Does anyone know of a spray paint that works well as a color? AFFO$'s paint list just says Spruce Green...

Yeah, I'll just toothpaste up the damage I already have on there and repaint it; should be easy enough. Does anyone know of a spray paint that works well as a color? AFFO$'s paint list just says Spruce Green...

I though it was "Krylon Italian Olive Green"... I actually used the Italian olive on my old helmet. I will double check. I know AFFO$ updated the list recently but I may have a print our from the list from 2010.

I gotta fix the crookedness of the jetpack, but other than that it's pretty much ready for Philly-Con. Hoorah!

IMG_1892.gif

IMG_1876.gif

IMG_1879.gif

IMG_1882.gif

IMG_1886.gif

IMG_1890.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great man! ....and you did a fine job reworking your old DP too! If you did the same paintjob on that you did on your ASOK/FP it would look incredible for a DP!

Man, i really need to paint one of my Helmet castings and see if i can do it that well. Its the only part i havent tried to paint!

Thanks!

I think I'm retiring the DP for good, though. The rangefinder stalk ended up snapping, and the visor is a complete mess. I also really hate the plastic material; it bends and warps way too easily.

there is something about this that has a great consistency. It all fits together quite nicely in terms of consistency of weathering and proportion. love it

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back