Where buy visor material?

SkyMiner

Hunter
I'm building a Daft Punk helmet (Thomas) for my son for Halloween and have it done, minus the tinted visor. I'm having a heck of a time finding visor material at a local store. Anyone have any hints on where this stuff usually lives?

Thanks

I would maybe check a motorcycle shop for tinted wind screens. A plastics shop or glass repair place may have a thin tinted lexan or polycarbonate that would work as well. I would try to find a tinted material, as trying to tint flexible clear plastic with car tint is frustrating.

If you go to the welding shop and buy the replacement visors, you'll save time and headaches. They are already curved, slightly flexible, thinner, and I cut mine with scissors instead of melting the heck out of it with a dremel. I messed around with tinted 1/8" plexi. Way too much trouble, and not dark enough.

Yeah, Jango 5204 makes a good point. If you can find a welding visor, you're more than half way there. But you may want to make sure it's wide enough for the 'Daft-Thomas Helmet' first.

Motorcycle helmet visors should work. Flexible enough for fitting into a helmet without breaking. You also have a wide selection of colors, sizes, etc. I've got a smoke lens and a silver lens I'll be choosing between

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back