My first Fett Helmet Paint-up

vtswordfish

New Hunter
I acquired a boba fett helmet via a trade over on the RPF a little while back. I think it is a mojofett helmet (judging by the fact that it is signed MojoFett on the inside). I couldn't wait to get to painting on this thing, and decided to go the ESB route, needless to say, I wished I hadn't of done that :lol: j/k j/k I decided to just freehand the scratches, which means of course that they are not 100% accurate by any means. I also taught myself how to airbrush with this doo-doo bomb harbor freight brush I've had a while, that came in handy with some of the paint and the scorch marks, etc.

With all that said, I am pretty darn happy with how it came out :D Also, I ordered the decal sets for the ears, so I'll be able to add those whenever they arrive :)

IMG_4636.JPGIMG_4635.JPGIMG_4634.JPGIMG_4637.JPGIMG_4641.JPGIMG_4644.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be proud for the paint job, especially that you freehanded the scratches! You painted the kill stripes yourself, why don't you do all the decals the same way? It would be more personal this way...

Great looking helmet!

You should be proud for the paint job, especially that you freehanded the scratches! You painted the kill stripes yourself, why don't you do all the decals the same way? It would be more personal this way...

Great looking helmet!

I definitely considered it, was just concerned I wouldn't be able to get the stripes on the right ear quite right. One of my concerns with the decals is that I assume they'll be somewhat shiny like vinyl, is there any way to dull them down? Can you hit decals with dullcoat or will that mess them up?

Nice work!
You can spray a dull coat over decals, it won't hurt them.
Another thing you could consider is using rub-on transfer letters for the small markings. That's how they were done on the original helmet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back