Plasti Dip on the inside of helmet?

tu71586

Jr Hunter
I was just wondering if anyone has used Plasti Dip on the interior of the helmet to give it more of a finished appearance. I saw a person with a Storm Trooper helmet that was finished this way (he lay cheese cloth down and sprayed this stuff inside). I was wondering what peoples' experiences was with this -- was it hard to work with? Did it make a mess of things?

On other threads I saw that some people have put in silicone inserts to mimic circuitry, some have painted the inside blue, some just have foam. What do you guys have on the inside of your helmet?

I used smooth cast 300. Basically you mix the 2 parts together, pour it in the inside of the helmet, slosh it around to coat the inside, then it hardens into white plastic. You can get a pretty smooth and even finish if you move it around consistently. Then add in foam/whatever you plan on using for cushion/fitment.

I went and plasti dipped the inside of my lid. Since I will be trooping with mine at some point the accuracy on the inside is not all that important. With that said I used the black spray can of it and then I put a set of the skydex military helmet padding on the inside.

Depends on the helmet and what its made from , people do it to trooper helmets to give it extra thickness, and in some cases to seal the whole thing together,

How ever I personally like to go all out and make the interior as close to accurate as I can, though Im not in to trooping so wont be wearing them as all that stuff does crowd it out in there,,

Yep instead of using foam I used these. They give you a good snug fit and it will absorb all the sweat and all you have to do is pull them out and wash them.

Just a question: if I'm going to install a hard hat head ring thing (from the inside of one of these White Hard Hat-91295-80025 at The Home Depot), and I also want to put Plasti Dip on the inside of the helmet, should I do the Plasti Dip first and then put in the head ring thing? Does the Plasti Dip make it difficult to glue in the head ring thing? Just wondering what other peoples' experiences were.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back