my hic

dlzx9r

Active Hunter
been working on this for a min . its about finished . going to go back and finish the ends like the GG HIC satute but that will be after WW new orleans . though i'd share what i got and hear some imput .
big thanks to stormrider , fettronics , darth miller . fett4real.

i started with SR's front pull .
DSC_1727.JPG

got some gcar side panals from DM. panels.JPG

got a friend at work to build me the box out of 16 gauge sheetmetal
th_5ee64aca-1[1].jpgth_2e30e100-1[1].jpg
next i laid out the side panal holes . i cut them to mount the panals strait to the side of the box . they should be recessed back some .
th_39ad3953-1[1].jpgth_a4d0bec4-1[1].jpg
cut some plywood to lay han on .th_192a1068[1].jpg
th_076b5ad9[1].jpg204bf903[1].jpgground down the corners of the box and with sheetmetal u have to do a acid wash before u can paint

th_c2c20664[1].jpgwas not sure what to use on the carbinite so ask around . stormrider put me on to the stuff he uses for his hic pulls . awesome stuff . very fun to work with . i'll let him tell u what it is . i'll just call it carbinite

did a test pour

th_8061bc88[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i put tons of staples all over the plywood for the carbinite to stick to . also don't mix to much at once . it sets quick .

th_23479a76[1].jpgth_989a86f3[1].jpgth_d6fbf2d2[2].jpgth_47d851f5[2].jpg

the yellow is wood glue i added to help save on the carbinite . i took a puddy knife and flatted out the big pour . went back and poured over it again to smooth it out a little .

hit up jon @ fettronics . he built me a awesome set of lights . i put 2 hero panals on it . one on each side as seen in esb .

photo (1).JPG

hunted up pieces and parts to fill in the panals . not at all accurate but tried to keep it close.

th_94c1ca52[1].jpgth_c6cad6c8[1].jpgth_c612dc92[1].jpg

yes sir . i think it would do good here . still a lot unknow on this prop and for sure goes hand and hand with boba ............or lol han and han with boba . ;)

The rubber is flex 80 from alumilite. The stock stuff is a little different than what they mix for me. Begins set at 5 mins, open time is 7-9. After that its putty for a min, then its time to throw it away.

Project looks great. How much does it weigh?

Super job m8.

Dark amon thanks and Pm the man right above your post for the front pull(Han) :) stormrider

I'd guess a little under 150 pds SR. And thank u sir :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back