My Jango Costume

Yes, I'm incredibly lucky! Found them on a sci-fi convention in Sweden with the help of Little TK Boy :)

Guys! I'm currently a bit confused regarding the ammo pouches! I think I'll fix them sometime next week and was wondering - the weathering, any tips?
Cheers!

Congrats on the Westars! I love the MR pieces, and plan on that being the next major purchase after I take care of my current phone and car situation (my phone fell out of my pocket on a rollercoaster. you don't think about how much they are until you hafta buy a new one. YUCK). Everyone I know just loves their MR's, and most troop with them as well! Grats on a beautiful piece.

I'm never good with weathering either, so good luck and look forward to the pics on that! Also, check in the cargo hold for CROW's boot run. I THINK he's starting another one soon, if I recall. =) Good luck!

thanks! I'm really satisfied with them and I got them in a great shape!
You really should buy a pair, they're worth the while!

Haha I just hope I won't mess things up! ;)
Thanks and to you aswell!

- - - Updated - - -

You guys know anyone that could do a Kamino-jetpack with painting in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
jangp.jpg

After a long time of waiting theese golden pieces of happiness arrived in the mail yesterday! (Ignore the helmet)
THANK YOU Cruzer for an amazing job!
Now, guys, are there any good tutorials on how I should proceed with the armor?

Cheers!

You will enjoy the armour parts. Unveiling the CC look!

I would follow Cruzers advice on the armour. He usually puts steel wool and sandpaper (I think) in the box of your purchase, use it lightly to pull up the silver, do it in swirls though. Thats how the armour was done in reference pictures.

You will make some mess, so you best doing it outside or do the work on some newspaper.

I would recommend SKIPPING any sandpaper and go straight to 0000 steel wool under cold water. As Cruzer will point out, the friction can cause it to "goop up" on the surface.

I did mine the other night like this:

1) Put laptop with Episode II playing on counter next to sink (to take you r mind off your work and get inn the "Jango" mood.
2) Stack up all your pieces next to the sink and get a pack of 0000 steel wool. (I went through 4 or 5 sponge size pieces for the entire Cruzer set).
3) Get a comfortable chair and place it up next to the sink and have a seat (you're gonna be here a little while ;)
4) Let the cold water run and place each piece under the water and start to work. Swirl, swirl, swirl...
5) A few hours later you will be happy with very authentic looking plates.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back