Noob Question

WookieScalper

New Hunter
Ok so I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Kuat Drive yards built Slave 1 for Boba Fett, But there is no way that is right because Jango had the ship as well. SO, what was the Kuat Drive Yards association with the ship?

Sorry, but I am not as well versed as the rest.

Kuat Drive Yards is an invention of the Expanded Universe. Lucas probably never heard about KDY, so when he wrote Episode II he gave the Slave I to Jango. And it's not the only discrepancy between the two version, either. At least that's my understanding of it.

^Makes sense.

I think I read that Slave 1 was a special job done for Boba Fett, but then later read that it was based on the some other ship.

I guess I didn't realize that there were story discrepancies etc. I figured it was all licensed and congruent.

So I think I have read:

1. Boba Fett had KDY build the Ship
2. Jango Stole the ship and had it upgraded
3. Ship is based on a less modified KDY ship.

My understanding is that initially in the EU it was a custom job for Boba by KDY. The Bounty Hunter game dealt with Jango acquiring Slave 1. If I recall it was one in a small run of prototypes that were sent to a prison station to test out. Jango stole it during his escape and destroyed all the others.

The firespray persuit special a.k.a. slave 1 was the last of it's kind. It was the ship Jango had to steal to escape from a prison after doing a job. At least according to the storyline in the Bounty Hunter game.

Boba had multiple "slave" ships maybe he had another built for him SW BH showed slave I recovered/stolen by Jango as previously stated but no one ever mentioned anything about Bobas other Ships

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back