Budget Boba Boots

fiercepierce

New Hunter
I was poking around on Wal-Mart's website trying to find a tall boot for my Han Solo Costume when I stumbled upon these rubber boots:

Walmart.com: Tingley Men's Half Boot: Shoes I had some success sealing then painting rubber boots last year on my Boba Fett suit. I used a poly-acrylic water based sealer and painted it on the boot. Once it had dried, I was able to use regular old rattlecans to mask off and paint the boot however I wanted. Super-glued thin black shoestrings to the front for the "ribbed" part and it held up well.

These Wal-Mart boots are $43 bucks, so they aren't the cheapest, but if you wanted to save a bit and were feeling crafty, they might do the trick. Just wanted to pass it along. And you just have to have the closest boot I've ever seen to the screen used boot, save that 43 bucks and put it towards a pair of Man of War's boots.! They are the bees knees! (saving for a pair of his myself)

Corey "Fierce" Pierce

Same idea, wanted to be crafty and cheap :) - found these on amazon Bogs Mens Chuka Boot- used thin black paracord for the ribbing and painted them up. The grey is darker in person so I lightened it with some drybrushing when I weathered them. 26 bucks shipped

Only thing I can say here is if u buy them it's pretty much a waste of $ when u buy real Fett boots being ur buying something twice. Think hard before pulling the trigger maybe be patient and buy the right thing the first time.

Realistically, with less than $100 more you can have MOW boots that only need paint. It really depends on your situation annd how soon you neeed boots

All good info considering the amount of "budget" (not cheap) builds popping up on the boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back