ESB Boba Fett helmet (lots of pics, sorry)

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first painted helmet that used my ESB stencils from start to finish. An excellent paint job and attention to details! I love it!

With this and Super jedi's PP2 , I think it proves your stencils are a real sucses ,

This helmet looks great good work SC, one thing that hit me was I think the grey may be to light , the visor area came out great , the purple really works well with the red

With this and Super jedi's PP2 , I think it proves your stencils are a real sucses ,

This helmet looks great good work SC, one thing that hit me was I think the grey may be to light , the visor area came out great , the purple really works well with the red

Thanks, James! I was thinking the same thing about the dark grey being too light, but still the helmet looks awesome. Very professional paint job!

I'll dig through my notes and post what color I used. But no, I didn't use the same color as the dome on the left year. I'm 95% sure they are different.

Thanks. I'm in the "left ear is a different color than the dome" camp, too. I've seen lots of ESBs done with the POG shade on the left ear, but when I look at the reference pics, I can never quite convince myself that it's the same color.
It's been some time since I painted an ESB, so I'd have to check my own color list, but I believe I've stuck with RLM 73. I know it's one of those RLM greens.

Awesome paint up Jon :cheers I realized you had serious skilz when I saw that
Barta Helmet. Or is that Spoba ? (Boba Spartan) lol I wondered what you'd
be able to do with a regular bucket, and my bucket is off to ya :)

one thing that hit me was I think the grey may be to light

Actually I think the gray ("Reefer Gray") is spot-on, I think it's the green on the dome/cheeks that is a little dark that makes the gray seem light. I'd definitely like to hear more people's opinion on it though :)

(y) Beautiful work! I do think the dome/lower cheek grey could be a shade darker. Is it the same shade as the grey on the mandibles/trim and the rear panels? It doesn't really detract from what is a great paint job though...

Actually I think the gray ("Reefer Gray") is spot-on, I think it's the green on the dome/cheeks that is a little dark that makes the gray seem light. I'd definitely like to hear more people's opinion on it though :)

Yeah please dont take that as an insult to your work, and seeing things in pics is never the same as in the flesh. I just personally have thought reefer grey a bit light , and Iknow what you mean about the green but I think the green looks perfect

A fantastic paint up, you shoud be absolutely rapt with this one. Im in the camp of the greys being fractionally light, but of course pics dobt always truly represent the actual shades at times, and is certainly nothing ti detract from what is a superb paint up brother!

Incredible, incredible helmet. I'm in awe at the absolute precision in the application of the paint. These pics could easily be used as reference material. Congrats!

Don't apologize for the amount of photos, I'm sure I wasn't the only one drooling over them, if anything, you could take some more of the finished bucket! fantastic job, well done!!

Wow!!! Very awesome on the detail

- - - Updated - - -

Very well done. I would be a very happy camper if this was my helmet. Quality workmanship

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back