UK Trooping events?

JayBox325

Hunter
Hi guys, all this talking about trooping and I am finally at the phase where I can start to think about trooping. Is there any UK events coming up? Cheers.

The 3 events I know of are coming up in Oct and Nov. There's the London MCM Expo and London Memorabillia, both on the same weekend at the same place and the Birmingham memorabilia in November.
If your wanting to go down the 501st route you'll need to go here: UK Garrison and submit your costume for clearance. Be warned if you are doing that and want to go to the London expo/mem you'll also be competing with me and several other fetts. They only allow one Fett on the floor at any one time so we have to spilt the day up so we all get turns.

Oh, head here for all info about Expo/Mem: London MCM Expo | London Comic Con

I was planning on going to the Expo anyway, my costume won't be 501st acceptable by then, and I know it. So I'll probably just be going anyway. As I'm not part of the 501st, pretty sure I'll get sent away. If someone says anything they can do one :p

I dunno about that. I've read about people going in unapproved stormtrooper armour and still ending up chatting and hanging out with the UKG. You should be fine. Be nice to see you there.

Cool! Will be good to meet some of you guys. I'll be hanging out with:

Pixie:
PixieWiki.png
&
Bret Hart:
bret_hart.jpg

OR Johnny Napalm:
johnny_napalm.jpg

Great event over the weekend. Burnsy, I assume I had a chat with you in the ESB... :) - Really good to see so much Fett with the TDH stand too. Inspiring stuff!

Or it might have been me ;) I was costuming an ESB Boba at MEM - I think Burnsy's is a SE, but I only caught a quick glimpse of him and the visor cuts down the amount of detail you can see - I'm sure Burnsy will clarify :)

ESB versions seem to be few and far between.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Im a new member so just wanted to introduce myself. I Found this group when i went to the Memrobilia Fair at the LG in Birmingham this weekend. Ive always wanted my own dented helmet.

@ Burnsy - cheers mate, as did yours - I would have loved to have seen more of it while out of costume and picked your brains on tweaking tips but it was just so busy

@ Boba Trooper - you're right mate, the standard of costuming seems to be getting better and better - kudos to all the top notch makers on these boards and out there in other genres. There is so much choice now, and so much skill, it's a little bewildering at times.

Jonnyhoob, welcome buddy. Glad the event inspired you to look us up.

Mark F was also trooping Mem as an ESB Fett :)

Darman, so we chatted I think? I never can put a 'real' name with a username ;)

Rob.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back