Easy Chest Display

DarthMater

Jr Hunter
Being on a budget and trying to get my costume ready for this Halloween I don't have money for some of the extras such as the Fettronics chest display. I have read several other post on budget displays but I wanted something animated and easy. It will be a while before I get this completed as I am away from home and don't have my armor with me. I will try to post some pics or video of completed display. My idea is to place elastic pouch on inside of chest armor so that I can slide my ipod touch or Samsung phone in pouch in area where chest display slots are. I will use a simple red colored scrolling text display on phone and set it to repeat. In front of display I will cut digital looking symbols on piece of poster board that is painted gloss black. Place the cardboard so that cut out areas line up with scrolling text and tape to phone then slide into place in pouch behind armor. Bolt armor back up and ready to go. I l also thought of just using red strobe app on phone/ipod to create flashing simple effect. I know it is not going ti be screen accurate but how many people are going to even know that? Any ideas or suggestions with this are greatly appreciated!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back