360° of Real Armor !!

Keegan

Active Hunter
I am very excited to share some fantastic new reference pictures of the armor and vest !!!

Boba-Fett-Promotional-Armor-2-06.png

The full gallery is here:
Boba Fett ESB Promotional Armor 2 - The Dented Helmet Gallery

These pictures originate from the new Blu Ray bonus discs and were screen-capped for us by a friend.
Aside from being wonderful reference for anyone wishing to make replica armor or vests, these pictures are significant in a number of ways.

Before we saw these it was not known how much of the Pre-Production 2 costume survived in the present day. We knew the helmet and jetpack are in private hands but it has long been rumored that the PP2 costume was stolen from LFL in the time when Empire was been made. While other parts may well have been stolen these pictures prove at least some of the suit is safe and sound in the archives!

Here are the armor parts identified.

Labeled.png

Very cool to see some better pictures of PP2 armor plates!
The two plates that are not the same as in the PP2 Kenner photoshoot were actually arranged this way sometime during the time when these costumes were used in promotional appearances (see below)

armorcomp.jpg

So really these new pictures show a complete set of promotional chest armor. But for PP2 fans like me, it is thrilling to see the armor is still around.
And not just the armor, but the vest as well.

By matching the dye spot pattern I have matched this vest to the PP2 vest.

Vestcomp.png

Its a bit hard to see but I think everything compares very well! Another PP2 piece accounted for.

I hope you all share the excitement I had when seeing these for the first time. A big thanks to Rodrigo for the screen caps and to Art for putting them up!

Year of the PP2 indeed...

Boba-Fett-Promotional-Armor-2-19.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was let down by how little Boba was represented in the "Collection" until the disc loaded the menu for the armor. I had my thoughts on what everything was and I'm happy that this bit of information got out. Thanks KB for loading and confirming all of this.

WOW! Now this is great info! Sadly that left chest plate might be the only surviving Pre-Pro #1 armor part. It's time to revise the Pre-Pro #2 armor stencils... Or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great info , Ive always thought the vest was a different colour on the PP2than the rest of the others,
Great tro know that ,that rig is still alive ,

I agree with the emblems being painted on. One of the detail shots on the blu ray has a close up of the chest emblem and it sure looks painted to me :).

I agree with the emblems being painted on. One of the detail shots on the blu ray has a close up of the chest emblem and it sure looks painted to me :).

That shot is also in the gallery. I am pretty sure we have all the views captured. Can you confirm they are all in there?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back